INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

• Thank you received: 37
I have to add extensive optional logging to this driver because the verbosity is not enough for diagnosis.
5 years 7 months ago #28690

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 30
correct.
SynScanAltAz → SkywatcherAlt-Az

I will check it in my environment once the Wifi adapter arrives.
5 years 7 months ago #28691

I read the log, but there is no TCP 11882.
5 years 7 months ago #28692

I updated the Synscan documentation here: indilib.org/devices/telescopes/synscan-telescope.html

If there are any comments/corrections please let me know. Anything a new user should know?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarun
5 years 7 months ago #28693

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Tarun on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

It was the same as other 2 , so I did not copy .I am adding few loggers to drivers and testing,. will update the log file after that.
5 years 7 months ago #28694

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Tarun on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

Skywatcher replied with the mount command set document and Git link . It look 's similar to the commands in SkywatcherAltAzSimple driver.

github.com/skywatcher-pacific/skywatcher_open

192.168.4.1 11880 UDP is details to connect with mount directly..
5 years 7 months ago #28715

Thank you for contacting me.

Since my mount is Skywatcher Virtuoso, wifi adapter is required for TCP connection.

I have not received it yet, but the specification of the connection when using the wifi adapter is the same as the Skywatcher AZ GTi mount as long as reading this document.

Watching the log is the same as before Mr.Jasem changed the Synscan driver. (Crash with a handshake)

If similar changes have been added to the EQMOD driver and the Skywatcher Alt-Az driver,
I think that all Skywatcher mounts can be connected wirelessly with udp 11880.

Mr. Jasem> When the wireless LAN adapter arrives, I will check the connection with the wireless LAN.
Please add the same change as Synscan driver to EQMOD driver, Skywatcher Alt-Az driver.

I think it's a useful fix for all users who wish to install Skywatcher on Wi-Fi.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by T-Studio.
5 years 7 months ago #28739

If you can correct it, please also consider the information on the following link.

indilib.org/forum/mounts/3781-sky-watche...rking-unparking.html

Currently, Skywatcher Alt - Az driver thinks that "Park" function and "Unpark" function are not working properly.

I can not use it unless I avoid that part, so I think that people who use this driver for the first time with INDI are confused.

The lack of the most important function is that position information has not been acquired since the mount is not synchronized with the north pole which is the home position when the driver is turned on. Since there is no positioning information, the position information does not operate properly in the initial state.

Since the EQMOD driver has acquired home position synchronization and position information, the parking function functions normally because the mount information is correctly stored.

Skywatcher Alt - I think that if you can synchronize the Arctic information where the Az driver is at the mount and home position, and reset the mount position information with the home position information, you can avoid the problem.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by T-Studio.
5 years 7 months ago #28740

• Thank you received: 74
================

Its strange in that I did an experiment using a PI Zero W using UDP 11880 via SER2NET with a USB adapter connected to the Zero W using the Indi Skywatcher ALTAZ driver on another RPI3 which works in "Direct Serial Mode" using ALTAZ driver - it fails after the connection is made ("handshake failure") - the reason why I say this is strange is If I swop RPI3/Indi for Synscan app on windows this set up works perfectly .

question :
1 I would have expected the Indi ALTAZ driver over UDP via the SER2net to have worked as it is transparent to Indi Driver which is unaware of the hardware connections being used -- Or is it??????

2. Is the Indi Driver ok but its a timing issue - i.e. it doesn't get a response within a timeout (NOTE I did NOT change any timeout parameters in the Driver Connection Option)

3. What are the reasons the driver creates an error "Hand shake error" ?
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarun
5 years 7 months ago #28756

Here is the wireshark ouput of the UDP - connects ok and the remote UDP/Mount replies with what I think is std reply (?) then nothing more happens !!!!!!
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Clive Stachon. Reason: forgot reply
5 years 7 months ago #28760
Attachments:

plus log file

5 years 7 months ago #28761
Attachments:

I'm currently on vacation so can't do much about this. Can't you debug the source code and see where it fails? Here is a short guide:

www.indilib.org/develop/developer-manual...ent-environment.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive Stachon
5 years 7 months ago #28762

Time to create page: 0.701 seconds