INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Eivind on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

Got it working! Compiled from git. You need to also compile and install 3rdparty.
indilib.org/forum/general/210-howto-buil...st-libindi-ekos.html
Did not have time for an extensive test - only slewing around in my living room.

Weather forcast is cloudy for the next 10 days...
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Eivind.
5 years 5 months ago #30121

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just found out that INDI Nightly was failing for a while now, so I just fixed the error and restarted all the builds again.
5 years 5 months ago #30124

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Tarun on topic Skywatcher AZ GTi with Ekos

looks like nightly build has failed again .Compiling from git fails with below same as yesterday(after fresh checkout.)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
-- Build files have been written to: /home/archangel/code/indi/build/indi-eqmod
archangel@archAngel:~/code/indi/build/indi-eqmod$ sudo make install
[ 7%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool EQMod::Handshake()’:
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:713:88: error: ‘class Connection::TCP’ has no member named ‘connectionType’; did you mean ‘ConnectionType’?
if (!getActiveConnection()->name().compare("CONNECTION_TCP") && tcpConnection->connectionType() == Connection::TCP::TYPE_UDP)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ConnectionType
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:715:13: error: ‘tty_set_skywatcher_udp_format’ was not declared in this scope
tty_set_skywatcher_udp_format(1);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:715:13: note: suggested alternative: ‘tty_set_gemini_udp_format’
tty_set_skywatcher_udp_format(1);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tty_set_gemini_udp_format
CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/build.make:110: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all' failed

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Tarun.
5 years 5 months ago #30137

Need to sudo make install libindi first then EQMod
5 years 5 months ago #30138

yep,I followed that. Still same error. Do i need to purge anything?
5 years 5 months ago #30139

You might have rouge INDI installation in /usr/local ?
5 years 5 months ago #30141

deleted all indi stuff from /usr, purged the ppa's and tried installing from git , other error are gone now except for below

/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool EQMod::Handshake()’:
/home/archangel/code/indi/indi/3rdparty/indi-eqmod/eqmod.cpp:713:88: error: invalid use of ‘enum Connection::TCP::ConnectionType’
if (!getActiveConnection()->name().compare("CONNECTION_TCP") && tcpConnection->ConnectionType == Connection::TCP::TYPE_UDP)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/build.make:110: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/eqmod.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_eqmod_telescope.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

i'll wait for the nightly build to test further
5 years 5 months ago #30144

something was caching badly on the pc(not sure ) ,directly copied eqmod.cpp from git to local and compiled it . Local testing works fine with goto's in the area (not even 1 star sync) Ill try it out in the field today or tomorrow. Thanks a lot again :)
5 years 5 months ago #30151

Ok I still didn't get an answer to my question. Is the Home Position for AZ-GTi similar to that of an equatorial mount? i.e. It is looking North at the Celestial pole?
5 years 5 months ago #30152

I use the mount in EQ mode using a wedge(attached pic) , so yes the home position is looking north. Not sure how it would work in AZ mode.

may be this post gives some idea for AZ mode.

www.cloudynights.com/topic/586532-new-sk...ifi-mount/?p=8873595
5 years 5 months ago #30153
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 30
The azimuth is 0 degree (true north)
The altitude is 0 degree (horizontal), it is the home position.

Since it is necessary to correspond also to the encoder, recognition of the encoder step implemented in the SkyWatcher - Alt - AZ driver, alignment subsystem etc are also required.
5 years 5 months ago #30172

There is no way for a driver to know if it is using an AltAz mount as AltAz or on an equatorial wedge. I think it might be necessary to introduce a switch to switch AltAz or EQ modes, at least to set the home position.
5 years 5 months ago #30173

Time to create page: 0.681 seconds