INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Losmandy Gemini 2 - Auto meridian flip in EKOS

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I need some help in setting up auto meridian flip feature with EKOS and Losmandy GM811G using Gemini 2. I have EKOS/INDI 1.7 running on KUbuntu and I am connecting to Gemini 2 using Ethernet. The mount connection is working fine and I am able to slew, track and park etc.
I set up limits in Gemini 2 as well.
I tried to perform an indoor test of meridian flip as follows:

1) Launch INDI, connect mount and used SIM for CCD.
2) Defined a sequence file in capture module with criteria for auto meridian flip at HA >0.1
3) Select target in scheduler that was east of meridian and started the scheduler such that during the middle of sequence, the mount should flip. Since it was indoor test, I didnt select Align, Focus or Guide module options in scheduler.
4) Start the schedule.

The scheduler started capturing images as expected and mount was tracking fine. Halfway during the sequence, the HA was greater than 0.1 and I expected the EKOS to perform flip.

The status bar changed to Meridian flip, but there was no GO TO command issued and mount kept tracking until hit safety limit defined in hand controller/Gemini

What am I missing in my configuration for auto meridian flip?
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Ajay.
5 years 8 months ago #27097

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The meridian implementation itself must be in the mount. All Ekos does is initiate a GOTO to the same location. Imaging this scenario:

You selected M45 from the handset and slewed to it. The mount is tracking M45. Now, after 0.1 hours past the meridian (0.1 * 15 = 1.5 degrees past the meridian), if you go to the handset, and pressed "Goto" again for M45, what does the mount do? Does it flip or continues on? So you must first find out at what point the mount will flip itself and then use this threshold in Ekos.
5 years 8 months ago #27125

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks Jasem,

I figured out the issue earlier. I did not set the Go To Limits on Gemini correctly. After doing the math, I realized that my western go to limits were further out than the HA limit set in EKOS. Hence, even though the EKOS initiated a go to/meridian flip, the mount did not flip as it was within limits.

I changed the limits today and tested indoors again and it worked perfectly.

Thank you.
Ajay
5 years 8 months ago #27133

• Thank you received: 2
Ajay,

I have a G11GT that I am just getting configured to use with Ekos/INDI and was wondering if you could share the settings/limits you used in Ekos and your mount?

Thanks!
Scott
Stellarvue SVQ-100
Losmandy G11-GT
ASI-1600mm-Cool
PixInsight
Ubuntu 18.04
5 years 8 months ago #27317

The Losmandy documentation here needs an update --> indilib.org/devices/telescopes/losmandy.html

Can you please share a screenshot for each tab? I'll update the documentation and then might ask some of the losmandy users to maintain it for any new info or suggestions/tips/etc...
5 years 8 months ago #27326

• Thank you received: 2
Here are the Losmandy Gemini Tabs. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.
More feature requests/wish list:
1. Ability to turn PEC on/off for creating PEC curves...

Feature request for FocusLynx/Focus Boss II
1. One Focus Boss II tab that has both Focusers under it rather than two FocusLynx tabs for each focuser.
2. When connecting to the FocusLynx/Focus Boss II, read the focus position saved in the FocusLynx controller rather than defaulting to "O" in INDI and requesting that the focus position be manually entered/"sync".
Stellarvue SVQ-100
Losmandy G11-GT
ASI-1600mm-Cool
PixInsight
Ubuntu 18.04
5 years 8 months ago #27946

Thanks for sharing the screenshots. Regarding FocusLynx, I emailed Philippe who is behind the most significant driver changes, so hopefully we hear back from him.
5 years 8 months ago #27948

• Thank you received: 809
Your #2 focus boss request is something that I asked Philippe a few months ago. It should be possible because ASCOM gets the initial position from the focus boss. But Philippe was insisting that it needed to be synced first
5 years 8 months ago #27959

Time to create page: 0.720 seconds