INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[EQMOD] cannot set backlash

• Thank you received: 133
Hi,
I am experimenting with EQMOD at the moment. I have an GP-DX with the EQ5 Synscan upgrade, and so far used synscan in INDI/EKOS. Currently using the PC direct mode - cable is on the way.

One of the major issues I have with the mount is huge backlash in DEC, and I hope to get a rip on that using EQMOD. However, when I connect to the mount, go to Options and enter a backlash value, pressing 'set' doesn't change the default value (1), and when switching on debug it says
INFO 1169.782365 sec : Setting Backlash compensation - RA=1 microsteps DE=1 microsteps
It doesn't matter for this whether backlash correction is activated with the radio buttons below.
Is there a trick, or is it a bug?

[Edit] As in the sig, kstars 2.9.8, INDI 1.7.4. I used the INDI Control panel of KStars to enter values.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
5 years 6 months ago #30247

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
OK, I found the problem.
The default values for the RA and DEC backlash, as defined in
EQMod Mount_config.xml.default
are 1. However, the smallest allowed value is 10. If any of the two values is below 10, neither of the two is accepted, and the old values are kept.
Unfortunately, the corresponding message is not displayed in the log window - only the info about the values it's set to.
I've opened a bugreport
5 years 6 months ago #30531

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds