INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

HEQ5 Pro park position rears it ugly head again

• Thank you received: 301
But, tell me, which parking XML file were you modifying during your tests?

-Eric
5 years 5 months ago #31084

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66
I didn’t modify the parking XML file because it didnt have encoder values. Just angles, 90/0.

But it was the one in myhome/.indi on my laptop that I was looking at.
5 years 5 months ago #31087

• Thank you received: 301
I think this is a part where I lost you. I didn't realize you were considering the INDI settings on your laptop, while it was your stellarmate that did the INDI manipulations. Sorry ! It's unfortunate that Tapatalk app on my phone is not showing signatures, that might have helped me understand...

-Eric
5 years 5 months ago #31089

I’ll check the file on StellarMate tomorrow. It should have occurred to me to check those files
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Greg.
5 years 5 months ago #31090

Sorry just had a chance to read this today. So the ~/.indi/ParkData.xml value to be read must be those on StellarMate and never on the client side (laptop or whatever). Is there a reason also for using the hand controller? Maybe it's necessary for mobile setups, but I haven't used the handset in a couple of years and never seen a single parking issue all this time.
5 years 5 months ago #31092

ok, so problem solved on the StellarMate. I edited the ParkData.xml on StellarMate with the values you guys supplied and its working now.
5 years 5 months ago #31097

I’m a little embarrased and have to apologize to you Eric. You directed me to set the default park way back in the thread. I guess I got it wrong. Now I understand what that does.

It’s true that if I got rid of the hand controller we wouldn’t see the issue but the encoder values would have continued to be set incorrectly. It’s true that as kstars gets more dependable, I could probably live without but why should I spent a $100 dollars to get something that does less than what the hand controller does. And then I just have to bring both of them with me.

It would be really nice to have a manual that explains what is going on, a theory of operation. Or even verbose tool tips might be enough. I told a friend to never touch the control panel settings unless he is sure what it’s doing. I think it would be better to have a button in the mount tab that confirms the mount is in the default position for parking or a custom position for parking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 5 months ago #31098

And what values were there before?
5 years 5 months ago #31099

The EQMod documentation is here: www.indilib.org/devices/telescopes/eqmod.html

Please let me know what else needs to be added/edited in the documentation to make this easy? I need feedback to improve the documentation.
5 years 5 months ago #31100

The ones with the offest of -6 degrees -
8227137/10644627 :-s

Why did the file on the laptop show degrees and the one on StellarMate show steps?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Greg.
5 years 5 months ago #31104

The ParkData is shared for several drivers. Are you sure it was for EQMod the one on the desktop?
5 years 5 months ago #31107

I see. Yes it could have been for another setup - I haven’t used my laptop directly for a very long time.
5 years 5 months ago #31108

Time to create page: 1.013 seconds