INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount stops tracking during long capture sequence

• Thank you received: 13
Hi,
I set up a job to take 240 x 60 secs exposures with my ZWO ASI178MC, with a 3 sec pause between each. Although I was testing guiding at the start of the session, all of this sequence was unguided.
After around 40- 50 exposures mount tracking switched off with no intervention. This happened several times. I was monitoring progress via VNC, .so I could see the lights suddenly had long star trails and tracking was "off".The job kept running.
Each time I re-started by pausing the exposure job; switching tracking on again, using "align-load and slew" against an earlier exposure and then re-staring the exposure job. On one occasion I completely shut down Indi and restarted, but the problem persisted. Eventually I got all my exposures but I had to constantly monitor the job and re ready to re-start.
My mount is an EQ5_pro controlled by EQMod.
Logs attached
I am running Kstars V3 build 2018-10-13T19:26:36Z

Any idea what is happening.
Thanks
Max
5 years 5 months ago #31266
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
Could you clarify what scenario is represented in your log? You start your setup at 18:11, eqmod driver crashes and restarts at 18:12 and you stop your setup at 18:36. I would look into the reason of this crash first.
The noticeable thing is that once the eqmod driver crashes, it doesn't output debug logs anymore after restart. That issue should be reported on the INDI github.
Then I suppose tracking isn't stopping because of an horizon limit, because you say you continue to expose afterwards, probably on the same night. How long does it take to stop tracking? Is it consistent?

-Eric
5 years 5 months ago #31284

I think the equmod driver crashed because the mount was not switched on after I started Indi.

I re-started Indi at least once after that. My main imaging sequence was from around 18:40 to about 22:30 when I was attempting to get 2 hours worth of 30 sec exposures (not 60 as stated before) with all the spoiled frames I ended up collecting about 270 exposures.
During this time I had to pause and re-start several times. The gap was not entirely consistent, but around 40 exposures. None of this affected the exposure sequence No other constraints were set. No guiding.

You say that once the eqmod driver crashes, it doesn't output debug logs anymore. If I try and repeat this exercise, will re-starting indi re-start logs, or do I need to re-boot the Pi?
5 years 5 months ago #31288

Probably you didn't attach the right log then? I don't see the imaging session after 18:36.

-Eric
5 years 5 months ago #31290

Sorry, try this one
5 years 5 months ago #31291
Attachments:

any view on this extra log? I looked at it and I'm not sure that I switched on enough options. Please let me know if it needs to be more helpful.
Mount currently away being tuned so cannot repeat for a while.
5 years 5 months ago #31441

Not yet, sorry... Will have a look soon.

-Eric
5 years 5 months ago #31493

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds