Sure, see attached. I set the output mode to "verbose" and activated "Mount" and "Focuser" output for both Ekos and the driver. Then I pressed some buttons (move out, move in, sync position, set absolute position, change focuser speed).
sterne-jaeger wrote: Hm, without a working Avalon FOCS, it is difficult to drill the problem down. One option would be that you download the sources and debug it on your own.
I see. But to be honest, I would not even know where to start with the debugging and what to look for. Would it help if I give you TeamViewer access to my mount-side PC? I already pulled the source code of indi and kstars from github and compiled it. Plus I can point a camera at the focuser, so you get a live stream of the movements. I will re-install the PC anyway, so I don't care if you mess it up. And I will disengage all clutches of the mount and focuser, so you can't do any damage when testing movements. What do you think?
I wrote the initial version of the focuser interface. Currently I don't have much free time but I will see what I can do.
I have a couple of questions:
- What is the firmware version you are using for StarGO?
- Are you commanding the motor to move through the interface or are you physically moving it?
- If you are commanding the motor to move through the interface is it actually moving? (I think it moves out but wont move in)
I suspect I know what is happening but I will get back to you.
The mount has a periodic function to query status like RA/DEC and what not. The focuser also has one as well but it isn't being called. The reason you can extend the focuser and not retract is because position commands to positive values are allowed, all extension motions produce positive values when referenced to 0. However retraction motions require a negative position (compared to the current position) which means you cant retract because the current position is always 0. The problem will be resolved once the focuser's query function is called periodically.
I will see what I can do to fix this. I know the design has changed a bit since I last looked at the code. The main difficulty will be in preventing the focuser from trying to query status while the mount is doing the same thing. The simplist thing might be to call the focuser's periodic update function at the end of the mount's periodic update function.
Thanks for your feedback. I had a debugging session with Wolfgang this week. I think he understood what is going wrong. Unfortunately I can't contribute more than giving him remote access to my FOCS focuser.