INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Avalon Driver Setup

• Thank you received: 2
That was my idea as well. Once I get it to build I can test it out however, despite building libindi and installing I still cant build indi-avalon.
5 years 2 months ago #33646

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Hm, strange, the build problem. Do you have a different version installed under /usr/local?
5 years 2 months ago #33647

• Thank you received: 2
I resolved the issue. I just deleted everything and did a clean build. Not sure what the issue was.

Anyway, position data now updates properly and both relative and absolute motions work.
5 years 2 months ago #33649

Ah, great to hear. Then I will update the version and issue a PR.
5 years 2 months ago #33650

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nicola Döbelin on topic Avalon Driver Setup

I checked out sterne-jaeger's working branch a few minutes ago. It worked like a charm*. Relative movements work in both directions, the GUI updates correctly, setting absolute positions works, too. Great job!

Just one thing: The spin box in the control panel to set the relative position should allow negative values.
Nic

* Avalon FOCS focuser at AUX1 port of the Avalon Linear
5 years 2 months ago #33654

Great to hear. I just do the last regression tests and will issue asap version 1.1 as PR.

Regarding the negative value: this is the behavior for all INDI focusers, position "0" means that the focuser is fully drawn in.

If that is not the case, sync it to a value > 0 and recall the move.

Does that make sense for you?
5 years 2 months ago #33655

I'm not sure I understand the function of the "Relative position" parameter in the control panel. I thought it should be the same as "focus in" and "focus out" in EKOS, and we should be able to set it for example to +100 and -100 to move out and in.
5 years 2 months ago #33659

Almost :-) The direction is changed by the Direction control, where you have the options Focus In and Focus Out. The focuser moves by the amount of steps you set with Relative Position in the given direction.
5 years 2 months ago #33660

By the way, I noticed two more issues while testing the StarGo driver:

1. When I powered the Linear mount with 12V it stalled during slews and made scary noises. In the ASCOM driver the fastest slew speed (I believe it is called "ultra") is only enabled when the mount is powered with 16V. For lower voltage the fastest speed is "fast", IIRC.

2. Can we enable/disable the keypad? Is it the "joystick" option? I plugged in the keypad today, and after disconnecting it again, slews aborted randomly. This also happens on ASCOM when the keypad is not connected but not explicitly disabled in the driver. To fix it I had to boot windows and disable the keypad in the StarGo driver. Afterwards slews worked again in INDI. I was not able to fix it with the "joystick" option in the INDI control panel.
5 years 2 months ago #33661

I see ;) That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
5 years 2 months ago #33662

Many thanks for the hints. Please be so kind and post them as bug reports with instructions how they can be reproduced.

First thoughts:
ad 1) The INDI driver cannot change the speeds associated with the slew rates "Guide", "Centering", "Find" and "Max".
ad 2) The joystick option is only present by mistake. Enabling/disabling the keypad is not supported yet.
5 years 2 months ago #33665

Done. See #820 and #821 .
5 years 2 months ago #33670

Time to create page: 1.302 seconds