INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atlas eq-g problems (eqmod)

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I have been excited to use ekos for a long time and am finally here. My orion atlas eq-g (I bought it used, i've never used it before) seems to not be working properly. I would like some help figuring out my problem.

I first used a usb to db9 and the db9 to rj12 connect my pc to the Synscan v3 hand controller. But I can't connect, theres a timeout error.

I bought an eqdir cable from someone on cloudynights because I thought maybe my handcontroller was bad. But with that cable connected from my pc (usb) to mount (db9), I still get:

EQMod Mount : "[ERROR] Error: Communication failed -> tty read failed, check connection: Timeout error "

in ekos. My two zwo cameras connect just fine and automatically with indi (very nice!).

Here is the device from lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 021: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC
In my kernel log I can see it being connected to /dev/ttyUSB0, and that's what the driver setting is set to in the indi panel.

I have a multimeter and I can check voltage on pins of the db9 side of the eqdir cable if someone tells me what to check and when, if that'll help me diagnose my problem.

Please let me know if there's ANY more information I can give - I am missing all the clear nights :(
5 years 2 months ago #33173

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
I use one of these: BT2EQ6 Bluetooth. Macbook via wifi to stellarmate over bluetooth to eq6. Works great -one less wire.
There is a mapping feature (serial port assistant) in the "Start Stop Ekos" section for solving connection issues. Try that.
Takahashi Fc100 & 8" RASA
MyT
Asi294MC & Asi183MC
Borg 50mm + Asi224
Pegasus FocusCube & Celestron Focuser
Stellarmate
Kstars, Ekos, TSX & Pixinsight
One VERY patient wife of 20 years now!
5 years 2 months ago #33176

Let's eliminate software issue now so test it under EQMod on Windows and see how that goes. We can continue after that.
5 years 2 months ago #33179

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Davis on topic Atlas eq-g problems (eqmod)

Thanks, I will have to borrow a windows pc and I will get back to you.
5 years 2 months ago #33202

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds