INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ioptron mount connection support needed

• Thank you received: 0
Hi. I'm hoping that the appropriate driver was downloaded with the KStars MacOS release from the INDI website. From the INDI Control Panel: indi_ieq_telescope Ver 1.8 Interface 5.
I'm happy to provide any other information that would help.
Regards,
Ted
4 years 5 months ago #44045

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I have no trouble at all connecting my CEM40 to a PC when I follow these instructions: www.ioptron.com/v/ASCOM/iOptron_ASCOM_CEM40.pdf

I use the USB port on the mount, to make it work you need to install the FTDI driver on the PC: www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

These instructions should also work for a CEM120 (if the USB port is used). I noticed the 'Install FTDI driver' part is not in the CEM120 instructions, so that may be the culprit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, Theodore Wyshyvanuk
4 years 5 months ago #44065

• Thank you received: 76
I connect to my CEM120 via usb directly into the mount (not handset). Works perfectly.
Maybe enable debug logging and have a look at the output, or paste the log here.
Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: Theodore Wyshyvanuk
4 years 5 months ago #44074

• Thank you received: 133
The CEM120 needs a different driver (talking Protocol 3.0) than the smaller ones (Protocol 2.5).
So you'd need the indi_ioptronv3_telescope driver. While command sets are quite similar and you likely can connect, especially the get position one is different, which will make operation fail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, Theodore Wyshyvanuk
4 years 5 months ago #44075

Alas, unlike the original poster, I have an iOptron IEQ45 GTN, the model just prior to the Pro. It has the RS232 port rather than the USB. I'm using an RS232/USB convertor with what I believe is a Prolific chip. Sorry for causing confusion!!
4 years 5 months ago #44078

Not sure which INDI version you have, if it is a newer one, you might try the old driver, indi_ieqlegacy_telescope.
4 years 5 months ago #44080

More info:
1. I've tried choosing all of the available iOptron mounts that looked al all promising, to include iOptron iEQ Legacy, but all result in a Failed to Connect error (2019-09-30T15:48:25: [ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/cu.usbserial). Error: Port failure Error: No such file or directory. Check if device is connected to this port." . Last night, unless I was delirious, I found one that resulted in a Timeout error. I haven't been able to duplicate that this morning.
2. It looks like some of the mount choices result in using the same driver. I'm assuming that this is as it should be.
3. Ports shows /dev.cu.usbserial in both slots, but System Ports shows /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port. If the System Ports slot is clicked/selected, the Ports slot changes to /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port, to match.

I'm totally available to try anything that might clear this issue. Thanks for any advice or insight!!!

I'm at your service
4 years 5 months ago #44083

Here's a screenshot from my setup. CEM120, plugged into the mount base USB.
One thing to check is the baud rate? Set to 115200
If you need more screenshots let me know. If you are still stuck.... maybe some one of us can teamviewer into your setup?
4 years 5 months ago #44086
Attachments:

Uhm, maybe some splitoff is needed here. The original post from almost half a year ago was about the CEM120, but the current issue of wyshyvanuk is with another model, the IEQ45 GTN. So CEM120 settings do not help :(

@wyshyvanuk: What hand controller do you have? 8406 or 8407? If the former, you should use the HC8406 driver, indi_ioptronHC8406 if the listing on the driver page is correct,.
I seem to remember some note that some driver needs the mount to be star-aligned with the HC before you can use it with INDI - maybe it was this one? Have you tried that, doing a 1/3 star alignment before connecting?
4 years 5 months ago #44089

I have the 8407. The indication on the driver page is that the INDI ZEQ25 should apply. Choosing this on the Profile Editor results in the correct Name and Exec in the Control Panel. But the mount still fails to connect. The rig is set up in my study. I haven't had the courage to actually take it outdoors yet ;~). Thanks!!!
4 years 5 months ago #44091

Well, testing things indoors first is always the better choice :)
Just for confirmation - you are using some Stellarmate or similar? Because the port name does look very unfamiliar. Unfortunately I've never used one of those, so I don't know exactly how to handle them.
Does the INDI control panel have the 'Auto Search' enabled (in the Connection tab)? If not maybe have a try with that.
4 years 5 months ago #44093

soooory, my bad. I didn't realise this thread was that old I thought it was a new thread relating to CEM120 connection problems. Please ignore my message above. Sorry for confusion
4 years 5 months ago #44094

Time to create page: 2.011 seconds