INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can tracking work after tweaking with joystick?

• Thank you received: 10
I`ve just worked out why a star in the field of view seems to slowly drift off screen after moving my NEQ6 mount using the joystick :woohoo: . It seems that after using the joystick then Indi requires clicking on the `Track` button to start the mount running at sidereal rate again.
I was finding that after a goto I then needed to move the joystick slightly to get a star onto the slit of my spectroscope and then it would slowly drift away, can Ekos be made to switch back to tracking after using the joystick or is there a setting for this I`ve missed please?
thanks
Steve
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Steve.
9 years 2 months ago #2749

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It resumes tracking now, I was issuing a complete "abort" when you release the joystick but now it stops each direction individually and tracking is resumed. Please test to see if it works. Compile libindi and indi-eqmod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve
9 years 2 months ago #2751

Thanks Jasem, I`ve never done a complete compile with Ekos/Indi just the usual `sudo apt-get install kstars-bleeding` `sudo apt-get update` dance!. Is a full compile straightforward to do please?
thanks
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #2752

The PPA is way easier, just wait until tomorrow to get all the changes :-)
9 years 2 months ago #2754

The tracking seems to work ok Jasem but not all the time as I occasionally had to click `abort` and then reclick on track for it to start tracking again as it wouldn`t retrack without aborting!
best
Steve
9 years 2 months ago #2866

Time to create page: 2.595 seconds