INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron Evolution w/ Focuser

• Thank you received: 1
I am just trying to get my Celestron Evolution & Focuser set up correctly. Before I added the focuser, I was connecting the mount via indi_nexstarevo_telescope, using ethernet. I thought I could just enable the only Celestron focuser available in EKOS to get this running, but that only results in errors. I tried both connecting serially (hand controller via USB), as well as ethernet (using the same IP and port as for the mount). In both cases, the focuser driver complains with "readPacket fail read hdr tty 1 Error: unrecognized error code, nr 0"

Help appreciated.
4 years 8 months ago #41412

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Okay, I got the focuser to work by directly connecting it via USB. I had hoped though, that I can control it via wifi when connected to one of the mount's aux ports. Is that possible?
4 years 8 months ago #41432

• Thank you received: 138
The Celestron GPS driver can control the focuser using the HC connection used for the mount control. No idea if WiFi would work, but unless it still goes through the HC it probably won't.
4 years 8 months ago #41435

Yes, the Celestron GPS driver works. Probably also a better way to control the mount than wifi anyway. Thanks.
4 years 7 months ago #41559

Time to create page: 0.589 seconds