INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

tracking not tracking (3.3.4 OSX)

• Thank you received: 223
So this evening I ran a session between clouds...
Slewed the mount to my target, solved it (Slew to Target), etc...
Now I set myself 30 pictures of 30sec each (my guiding camera needs changing and the polar alignment needs redoing).

The first picture goes alright as expected but as the images arrive, I can't help noticing that my target is getting away from the centre.
Moving towards the top right corner (well in that direction from the middle of the image).

What could cause this please?
I cannot remember having this issue before, it almost sounds like the tracking isn't following the target.

Mount: HEQ5pro
Kstars 3.3.4
Indi 1.8
4 years 6 months ago #42783

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Thats interesting!I have a problem that my eq6 doesnt track in rectacension but slews without a problem with 3.3.4. I thought it had something to do with the hardware. I will test an earlier version of INDI/kstars to see if it works.
Erland
4 years 6 months ago #42796

• Thank you received: 161
REALLY bad polar alignment or badly balanced load (no counterweight) could make an object move noticeably out of center. Depending on the amount of movement it could be dithering always going in the same direction, too. This won't be noticed before a coulple of exposures has been accumulated though.
4 years 6 months ago #42804

It is well balanced, I know my polar alignment isn't up to scratch due to my error a couple of weeks ago...
4 years 6 months ago #42808

• Thank you received: 161
Ok, so the cause is still unknown. A not too bad polar alignment doesn't make much difference unless you take very long exposures without guiding which AFAIK isn't the case. I am currently targeting Crescent nebula, roughly 30km from your remote observatory. The result is rather good so I assume you're active right now, too.
This is after 14x300s lights, no flats yet. TS107/700Apo, TSFlat, IDAS LPS P-2, ASI294Pro, -10deg, 120gain, 60/910 guide scope (this is my re-activated first ever telescope from 1986), ASI294, Losmandy G-11. Downtown Frankfurt, Rhein-Main in the SW. I self-made RDBeck's SQM which reads 19.35 tonight.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Alfred.
4 years 6 months ago #42815
Attachments:

Oh you're really close, nice. When I was testing the tracking, I was not guiding as my QHY5 is not sensitive enough for the OAG, I need to replace it.

Yes I was busy testing my guiding last night, but using the main camera, the Atik314, playing with the settings and trying to get a better understanding. I tell you what, I can't wait until I replace the QHY5 as I know understand more about the guiding settings and their effects.
4 years 6 months ago #42846

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds