INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Losmandy Gemini2 fails to slew very often, *never* slews west.

• Thank you received: 12
I'm running Kstars/Ekos on Win10 laptop, connected wirelessly to StellarMate on RPi3. to the SM, is connected Pegasus UPBv2 and Gemini2 mount, and has DS3231 RTC. To the UPBv2 is connected ZWO 174mini and 160mm-pro, as well as Starlight HSM20 focus motor.

The mount hasn't once slewed West in the week I've had it running, trouble-shooting other things. A newer development is that the mount doesn't want to connect after booting up. At first, I thought the DS3231 RTC was running out of battery, because I've seen the SM clock reset to year 2000 and it seems to run a few minutes behind every hour. Regardless, this doesn't explain the Gemini2 not functioning as it would with the hand controller.

Last night, I caught a few 30sec frames of Comet Africano in Pegasus, with amazing guiding. After slewing to Ursa Major (slewing in the East suddenly works some times, for what reason I don't know), declination behavior was horribly off and guiding failed. It's not the balance, as RA/Dec guiding worked the night before at the Pacman Nebula, so no reason to believe the mount has mechanical issues. I would really appreciate solving the slewing fail, as having a bright star like Deneb or Vega last night would've helped me cut an hour off my time spent bringing a new coma corrector to focus.

This is an issue that will prevent me from using the program if it is not fixed.

The attached log is full of odd behavior on my part, but I am posting it because it contains the largest amount of slew failures that I have in any log. I'm sure the log also contains many other errors, for other equipment. If you do spot anything outside of the Gemini2, I'd appreciate you pointing it out.

I appreciate any solution the community can help me come to.

Best,
Jacob
4 years 6 months ago #43912
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Hooked it up in the daylight after updating stellarmate, connecting to LAN instead of over WiFI- now I can slew wherever I want. I really think this is a date/time issue I'm having when purely remote?
4 years 6 months ago #43917

It is indeed very likely. If the time is wrong, the mount think it is pointing elsewhere and would refuse to go below horizon (from the mount perspective). At any rate, we'll follow up in StellarMate support regarding this.
4 years 6 months ago #43927

Time to create page: 1.037 seconds