INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

LX200 GPS custom tracking

• Thank you received: 0
Hello.

I am using INDI with a LX200GPS. When i choose the driver, i select LX200 GPS.
I INDI here is an option to choose the tracking between sidereal, lunar or custom.
I want to choose custom as my mount is tracking a bit slowly, but once chosen i have no idea on where do i write down the desired tracking rate.
I can do it in the Autostar hand pad, but of course i do not want to have the Autostar hand pad connected as i will be using the telescope remotely.

Any help on this one?

Also, i have another question. I did not find any way to do a PEC training with Kstars or PH2. As in the previous issue, i can do PEC training through the Autostar hand pad.
Is there another way to do it apart from the Autostar hand pad?

Thanks.

David Cejudo.
Observatorio El Gallinero.
El Berrueco, Spain.
4 years 5 months ago #44021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That was there by mistake. I just fixed that. It was used by some LX200-derived devices (like Astrophysics) but Meade LX200 does not support it.

However, you can adjust the tracking frequency which has a similar effect on sidereal tracking if I understand it correctly.
4 years 5 months ago #44023

Replied by David on topic LX200 GPS custom tracking

Hello.

Tracking frequency is limited to choose between 56 or so and 60.1. I do not know in what units are those numbers.
Initially is set to 60, so i understand that is sidereal tracking. It can be slowed up to 56 or so, but can only be accelerated up to 60.1
I tweaked with those numbers and seems to work, but 60.1 is too Little for me.
There is a work around, though. I can set higher speeds with the Autostar handbox. Setting a custom tracking of 15% in the handbox, then connecting Indi, this shows 60.7 and indeed the mount tracks faster.
But manually, a maximum of 60.1 is all that can be inserted.

David Cejudo.
Observatorio El gallinero.
El Berrueco, Madrid.
4 years 5 months ago #44155

Correct, you can change tracking frequency. The frequency is in Hertz. I wonder if you can edit the code to increase the maximum limit and then try to see this somehow works?
4 years 5 months ago #44158

Replied by David on topic LX200 GPS custom tracking

I wish i could but editing the code is far from my limited capabilities.

Sorry!
4 years 5 months ago #44163

Time to create page: 0.754 seconds