INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

eqmod communication error

• Thank you received: 29

Replied by Helge on topic eqmod communication error

Hi,

I am connecting to my eq5 (AZ-EQ5) mount via Shoestring Bluetooth Adapter (BT2EQ5) for two years, now I cannot get the mount connected:

EQMod Mount : "[ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/rfcomm0). Error: Port failure Error: No such file or directory. Check if device is connected to this port.

Compared to last time when it was working, I was running the regular updates, including KStars / INDI drivers.

I have attached the log file.

Would be great if anyone has an idea how to resolve / get back on track!

Best, Helge
4 years 3 months ago #46438
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic eqmod communication error

I was using my bluetooth adapter just last night without issue on an up to date system. So we could eliminate software bugs.
Ensure modemmanager is not installed on your system, and I like to put this into /etc/rc.local to bind it at startup. (XXs replaced with mac address of mount adapter)
# Bind Bluetooth to Mount Adapter.
rfcomm bind hci0 XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX 1 &
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helge
4 years 3 months ago #46455

• Thank you received: 29

Replied by Helge on topic eqmod communication error

Thanks for your recommendation. I double-checked the configuration - and it turned out the bind command was missing! No idea how it happened, but at the end, easy to resolve.

btw : I do the binding upon start via modification of the bluetooth.service file

(I still follow the procedure once shared by "tseckler" for the shoestring bluetooth adapter.)
4 years 3 months ago #46489

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds