INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Requesting feedback from 10Micron users

• Thank you received: 10
how are you building the mount model for your 10micron ?
3 years 9 months ago #55894

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62
I read that a model can be build inside Ekos but I prefer using MountWizzard4, really a great software.
github.com/mworion/MountWizzard4

It runs on Linux/Windows/Mac and it helps you to polar align, build model and analyse your model's problems (e.g. flexure).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent
3 years 9 months ago #55895

• Thank you received: 139
I'm using MountWizard4 as well. Works awesome. A lot of work has been put into it, and it works on the Mac, Linux and Windows now as ASCOM was just added.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent
3 years 9 months ago #55896

• Thank you received: 8

Very sorry I never replied to this. I gave up on ekos when it didn't seem the bug was going to be fixed soon enough. However this thread got a few responses and it showed up in my spam folder so I am back here to see what is new.

You want the mount to update ekos IF you are running a gps at your mount as it will have accurate position and time updates. Your computer will not be as accurate.

However if you run some sort of app on your computer that updates very frequently with the latest atomic clock settings then I suppose you can have ekos update the mount instead. Example: www.groovypost.com/howto/synchronize-clo...nternet-atomic-time/
3 years 9 months ago #55950

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds