INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

10micron lx200 indi driver developed errors suddenly... DST related?

• Thank you received: 8
Nevermind. Sorted out by Wolfgang. My fault.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Micheal Fields.
4 years 4 months ago #45468

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
No, there is indeed an issue. If the mount driver logging is turned on, debugging messages for mount position are shown as warnings, which leads to a flood of popups.

As a workaround, turn off mount driver logging for 10micron.
4 years 4 months ago #45495

Hmm, Paging Hans! :)

Well perhaps Hans or someone else knowledgeable in indi driver creation can squash a few bugs and polish up the driver. Perhaps even rename it to 10Micron-Indi and leave LX200 off the name. I don't really like that 10Micron shares anything in common with Meade even if they did originally base the code off of the LX200 system.
4 years 4 months ago #45496

• Thank you received: 139
This just started happening with mine. It did not seem to be happening in 3.3.6, but then I installed 3.3.7 to test it on my Mac. No messages were showing, then I loaded MountWizard4 and suddenly they started popping up. I quit MW4, and EKOS/KStars, and relaunched only KStars/EKOS and the messages keep appearing. I turned off logging as suggested above and they went away. So maybe that will add something to the puzzle.
4 years 4 months ago #45513

Interesting!

Wait, you have MW4??? where did you find that?

Is that a mac only thing? I only have 3.2dev1
4 years 4 months ago #45519

I worked with Michel to get V4 running on the Mac. MW3 release wouldn't launch on the newest OS. So he helped me install and get it going. I would imagine he's going to release it soon, but I believe he's out of town right now. It took some modifications to get it running, and he's been looking at my logs and trouble shooting the issues as they come up.
4 years 4 months ago #45520

Oh ok. I have like I said v3 and was going to try it out tonight.
However I am back on windows for a couple days. I just wanted to have fun tonight and not fight with software.
4 years 4 months ago #45521

I've not been able to use my GM1000 mount until tonight. I had some issues with the DEC motor that had to get fixed right out of the gate. So first light is tonight. I'm finding that after sending several GOTO commands from Ekos 3.3.8 on the Mac, I eventually get an error message where the mount does not slew, and EKOS reports an error. Restarting KStars/EKOS fixes the issue, but it crops up again after sending more commands. I'm not quite sure what the issue is as it's the first night out with this mount. I'm experiencing some growing pains from the mounts I'm used to.

The meridian flip didn't work, so I set some limits with the hand controller a 2°, hoping that works. The default was 10 which seemed too far past 2°. The camera was about to bump the tripod. Not sure if EKOS will give it a slew command or if it will remain in the same position. I had EKOS set at 3° so I'm guessing since the mount was at 10° it didn't do the flip, but stayed in place.

With the flip setting turned on, it initializes guiding post flip even though I have it turned off and set to off in the scheduler. I don't want guiding. So far in my early tests guiding makes the images worse as they're guiding to the seeing. The mount tracks so well, images look better with no guiding.
4 years 3 months ago #47159

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds