INDI Library v1.8.3 Released (02 Jan 2020)

Minor monthly bugfix release with a new RainbowAstro mount driver and improved pier side simulation.

question about iOptron Sky Guider Pro

6 days 12 hours ago
dencoded
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
question about iOptron Sky Guider Pro #49509
Hello everybody,

I've got a question from one of indihub-hosts - is iOptron Sky Guider Pro supported by INDI-lib?

I couldn't find it in list the list https://indilib.org/devices/mounts/ioptron.html but I feel like it might be supported by one of the drivers.

This mount has:
- hand controller Go2Nova 8408
- ST4 guiding port for auto guiding camera

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 days 3 hours ago
wkuballa
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
question about iOptron Sky Guider Pro #49523
I use the SkyGuider Pro with Ekos. In my setup I have a DSLR (Sony A7R2) with a 400mm lens attached to the SkyGuider. In the hotshoe of the camera I have a guide scope (ZWO 30F4) with a guide camera (ZWO ASI120MM-S). I use Ekos for imaging and for guiding. Guiding is obviosly RA only and done via the camera, i.e., the SkyGuider guide-input is connected to the guide-output of the guide camera, and the guide camera USB-connector is connected to a Stellarmate which runs Kstars/Ekos. In my Ekos configuration I configured the Telescope Simulator as mount, the A7R2 is my imaging camera, the ASI120 is my guide camera, the 400mm lens is my primary scope, and the 30F4 is my guide scope.

Yesterday I also updated my SkyGuider with iOptron's iPolar scope for better polar alignment. Unfortunately, I don't have a clear sky today to test that out.....

Regards,
Werner
The following user(s) said Thank You dencoded

5 days 14 hours ago
dencoded
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
question about iOptron Sky Guider Pro #49550
Ah, I see. The mount driver is not needed in that case - when Ekos is used for imaging and for auto-guiding. I guess this is probably the only way this mount can be used with Ekos.
I am not saying that Sky Guider Pro is not good btw. I would love to get this kind of super light and mobile setup, especially for traveling!

Thank you for reply!

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds