INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem setting up Rainbow Astro RST-135

• Thank you received: 139
You have to switch to the StellarMate beta and run the terminal command in Jasem’s post above to get the fixed driver.
3 years 3 months ago #64731

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Tried the terminal command listed above.
Install was good. MY RST400 still failed for guiding and plate solving. After 6 guide steps the mount just starts slewing off. The plate solving just fails. The motion control works. This mount has been idle because of focusing system failure which was just fixed. I also do a Stellarmate update and upgrade from time to time... I have the standard Stellarmate installed. How do I get the beta??.... Bruce
3 years 3 months ago #64899

• Thank you received: 139
Open the web browser and go to the control panel. On one of the tabs you should find the option to switch to Beta. Once you said it to Beto run the update icon that’s on the desktop then reboot. When it loads KStars you should be able to go to the about menu and see if you’re on the beta. If you are on the beta then run that terminal command to get the latest drivers.
3 years 3 months ago #64901

• Thank you received: 18
I have done the update_indi_core command via vnc terminal app. I am now not able to start ekos from my Mac. “Failed to start profile on remote INDI Web Manager...” is the message. The web manager equipment profile driver list seems much reduced, not sure if that is the problem. Ekos starts fine from the iPad app or the vnc interface.

Not sure what the origin of this problem was but a clean install of stellarmate from image followed by update_indi_core seemed to do the trick
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Thomas Mason.
3 years 2 months ago #65326

Don't forget to run update_indi_drivers as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Mason
3 years 2 months ago #65330

• Thank you received: 9
Jasem,
After running that last command I had success on guiding and plate solving. When I connected to the mount it threw a couple of dbug errors that quickly disappeared. On an earlier attempt here is the log file
My mount is the RST 400.
org.kde.kstars.indi] - Rainbow RST-300 : "[DEBUG] CMD <:GR#> "
[2020-12-26T22:43:12.549 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Rainbow RST-300 : "[DEBUG] RES <:GR05:36:01.8> "
[2020-12-26T22:43:12.550 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Rainbow RST-300 : "[DEBUG] CMD <:GD#> "
[2020-12-26T22:43:12.565 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Rainbow RST-300 : "[DEBUG] RES <:GD-05*23'42.1> "
[2020-12-26T22:43:12.566 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Rainbow RST-300 : "[DEBUG] CMD <:GZ#> "
[2020-12-26T22:43:12.581 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Rainbow RST-300 : "[DEBUG] RES <:GZ158*45'39.3> "
[2020-12-26T22:43:12.582 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Rainbow RST-300 : "[DEBUG] CMD <:GA#> "
[2020-12-26T22:43:12.597 CST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Rainbow RST-300 : "[DEBUG] RES <:GA+49*06'42.9> "

As always many thanks to you and your team of programers, this is a fine product... Bruce
3 years 2 months ago #65404

• Thank you received: 18

So doing the update_indi_core and update_indi_drivers worked for me but upon seeing 1.8.8 released I foolishly decided to repeat to capture latest. Worked fine for core but drivers now fails in the make process.
3 years 2 months ago #65692
Attachments:

You can use the regular updates now to get 1.8.8
3 years 2 months ago #65705

• Thank you received: 86
Hi Jasem,
Is this still the case? I think - yes.
Any chance for a change?
Thanks!
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
2 years 11 months ago #70036

• Thank you received: 12
Although I do not own a rainbow - my Temma2 experience the same problem messing up the DEC direction during different imaging & platesolving sessions. After some testing, I've found that I have to start the mount by pointing at the eastern side of sky, and platesolve pointing at somewhere in the eastern hemisphere. After a successful platesolve, then slew to my target. If I performed in such a way, the RA/DEC movement will then always be correct. If I start platesolving at the western hemisphere, the slew direction of the DEC would be reversed (I can't remember it's always the case or sometimes). Once the direction mssed up, no matter if I slew using the hand controller, the skysafari or Kstars, the software would show the mount is slewing in one way, but the mount is actually moving in an opposite direction - and that would definitely messed up the goto. 

I saw a few people having similar problems. Although without good explanation on such behaviour, try always platesolve pointing at the eastern side and see if that resolves the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Burwell
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Stephen Wong.
2 years 11 months ago #70038

• Thank you received: 12
I have a few questions on the RST-135, about working without the hand controller:

If the hand controller is not connected to RST-135, can EKOS/KStars update the date to the mount?
If cannot, I'd assume the goto would not work. Would the autoguide be affected?
Can the RST-135 accept connection from Wifi with SkySafari, and at the same time accept autoguiding commands from USB?

Thanks!
Stephen
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Stephen Wong.
2 years 11 months ago #70256

Time to create page: 1.367 seconds