INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate/EKOS with Celestron CGX-L Mount

• Thank you received: 0
Just built a Raspberry Pi 4 and created the Stellarmate OS on a micro SD Card. Boots up and everything looks peachy. I've specified my equipment. The problem I'm having is with the mount. I have a Celestron CGX-L mount. In the drop down list of mounts, the closest match is the CGX.
When I start Kstars/EKOS and click the "play" button, I get this error on the mount:
2020-05-24T05:40:52: [ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/ttyUSB0). Error: Port failure Error: No such file or directory. Check if device is connected to this port.

I have the mount connected via USB (from the mount itself, NOT from the hand controller).

Any ideas? TIA

Alex
3 years 10 months ago #54454

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Which port on the mount? AFAIK, it needs to be via the handset. There is another driver that supports direct connections but it's not available yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Vukasin
3 years 10 months ago #54479

• Thank you received: 117
Hi Alex, I confirm what Jasem says.....I have a CGX-L and connection is via the handset. Run your handset USB cable to your Hub or PI4 USB port, then try again. Cheers, Doug
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex Vukasin
3 years 10 months ago #54481

Yup.. that seems to be the only way (for now anyway) to make it work - it connected flawlessly.... now I get to learn how to use all this software!

Thank you both very much for the replies - hope all is well and y'all are safe

Alex
3 years 10 months ago #54505

Jasem is the direct connection driver available yet to connect Stellarmate to a CGX-L mount? If not, do you have an idea of when it may be available? Thanks.
3 years 1 month ago #67367

IIRC, it's already incorporated in the Celestron AUX driver.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68077

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds