INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

guide problem

• Thank you received: 0

guide problem was created by nicolas

Hello

I am new in the platform. few days ago using a Stellarmate operating system on a raspberry 4. I try to guide with Phd and ekos app, but the axis of RA drifts towards infinity and beyond in graph. DEC move is OK. I connected my mount and cameras directly to my laptop and the guidance is OK. . It gives me the impression that it is sending pulses in the opposite direction. I moved a lot of buttons and knobs but cannot change the problem. the connection is on eq3 skywatcher mount with oem serial cable, with a generic rs232 to usb. mount moves with ekos app with no problem. also check the position (southern hemisphere), correct time utc ... etc. next week try connection wit FT232RL chip.

attach two images, from stellarmate OS and PC phd. with the same telescope and mount configuration (no changes).

heeelp
3 years 9 months ago #54851
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic guide problem

On StellarMate, what's your PHD2 settings exactly?
3 years 9 months ago #54891

Replied by nicolas on topic guide problem

I tried with the standard configuration (without changing anything), and the one I use in pdh2 on PC. Same problem happens with both config. Physical connection is by generic 340 usb adapter and OEM db9 to rj11 cable, connected to handset. V4 handset is configured with time, location and aligned with 1 star. Today arrives FTDI FT232R usb adapter (jmper selectable 3.3-5V) to connect directly, and flashed the os again.
3 years 9 months ago #54947

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic guide problem

Can you go to INDI Control Panel --> Synscan --> Guider and try to set pulses here manually? i.e. set 3000 in NORTH or SOUTH then open mount control panel and see if doing that changes the Declination value. Same thing for WEST/EAST and RA value.. do they change at all? I suspect it could be due to the synscan guiding performance within the driver itself.
3 years 9 months ago #54953

Replied by nicolas on topic guide problem

finally had a few minutes of cloudless sky. It runs smoothly with the diy eqdir cable and eqmod configuration. apparently it was a matter of bad configuring the coordinates of the place.
3 years 9 months ago #55002

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds