INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Baud Rate 300 (yes 300)

• Thank you received: 0
Having started just recently with INDI, I was surprised how easy everything works when following the guides. Thanks for everyone contributing to this!

My project is to get a 30-year-old Meade LX50 to run. Although it has no goto capability, It does have a serial port that allows RA/Dec readout. Although I can connect to the mount, I cannot get the RA/Dec information into EKOS. I believe it is related to the required baud rate of 300.
The Magellan II manual specifies the baud rate for the serial port to be 300, but the lowest selectable value for the LX200 Autostar driver (the one to be used as I have learned) is 9600. Is there any way to get the driver to accept the much lower value?

Thanks,
Oliver
3 years 5 months ago #60934

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There isn't really a standard way to do this from the serial connection plugin. You can perhaps override it and send 300 and at least get your driver up and running. If all works, we can have a method to add this.
3 years 5 months ago #60952

Replied by Oliver on topic Baud Rate 300 (yes 300)

Understand. Can you tell me how to send the baud rate or point me to a place where I can learn?
3 years 5 months ago #60996

• Thank you received: 30
I wonder if it wouldn't be hard to setup a simple piece of software to act as a virtual serial port and bridge the 9600 to the 300. I haven't done this for awhile so not sure what the best bet under Linux would be.
3 years 5 months ago #61019

Replied by Oliver on topic Baud Rate 300 (yes 300)

So you can bridge from one baud rate to another? Interesting.
I take it I need to learn Linux to get this sorted.
3 years 5 months ago #61052

Time to create page: 1.032 seconds