INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iGuider support for iOptron CEM70g

• Thank you received: 1
Hello Kurt such an idea i had to , but how accurate is this for guiding inside the ra axis ?
Best regards
Rainer
1 year 9 months ago #83260

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I just got it working with Ekos on Astroberry, but it's buggy as hell.

CEM70G, iOptron iGuider + iOptron iPolar. The iPolar seems to work fine, the mount works well. The iGuider is very buggy. I can do streaming just fine. It does 0.1 - 0.25 second exposures fine. 0.5 seconds and higher is 1 minute or more of waiting for the capture to finish.
Internal Guiding does not work. I hit the Loop button, and it just does a capture, nothing ever appears in the window, i.e., the Box never appears for clicking on a star. I got it to once, but I think it was just a fluke. And even if I could, half second exposures won't work so well here anyways.

Attached the screenshots of everything. I'm not sure the pixel size and such for the iPolar, but it was working enough to stream and take some pics in the CCD tab. The iPolar also works just fine used in the Guide tab.

I took a ton of screenshots of all the settings while everything was functional (for the most part). See the zip for them all.

Anyone have any guidance for me to get the iGuider working for Ekos internal guiding?
1 year 3 months ago #88644

The only way this driver is ever going to work if someone figures out how to perform indexed exposures using the V4L2 framework.
1 year 3 months ago #88646

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Was trying to find more info about the iGuider.... Was setting up a new image train in stellarmate yesterday and happened to notice the iGuider in the camera selection drop down menu.
Is the iGuider supported by ekos now?
Was planning on buying this as a cheaper option for guiding.
Thanks
Rahul
6 months 2 days ago #95974

No it's always been there. It's basically a wrapper for INDI V4L2 driver (i.e. webcam driver) but it does not work. Unless iOptron provides a dedicated driver for this, it's not going to get resolved. Contact iOptron about it.
6 months 2 days ago #95977

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds