INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

10Micron INDI driver won't allow Ethernet/IP -- only Serial?

• Thank you received: 57
I just got a new 10Micron mount (hooray!).

The mount control box is connected to via ethernet to my home router and has an IP address set from DHCP. I can run the VirtualKeyPad on Windows and control the mount, and I've been able to control it via ASCOM in TheSkyX, again on Windows.

Now I'd like to include it in INDI/Ekos.

Easy enough to set up the 10Micron/LX200 mount in a profile, but the driver won't let me select Ethernet as Connection Mode under the "Connection" tab. I can click on Ethernet, but nothing happens. It's "stuck" on "Serial" (see attached screen grab). I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting the mount, restarting the pi, restarting KStars, etc. No joy.

I don't have the right kind of cables to attach the 10Micron control box via RS232, a converter, and USB.

The mount has a valid IP and I can control it that way on Windows. I can ping it from my pi, which is on the same network.

How can I get INDI to connect to my mount via Ethernet?
3 years 4 months ago #63191
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help?

Does anyone use a 10Micron with INDI?
3 years 4 months ago #63208

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Scott,

please choose ethernet and enter the ip

should be like this:

Michel
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Michael.
3 years 4 months ago #63218
Attachments:

Hi Michel,

That's exactly what I've been trying to do -- the "Ethernet" button (circled in red on your screen shot) does nothing. Completely nonfunctional. Clicking it has no effect whatsoever.

This is in both the "regular, bleeding" ppa and also the indinightly ppa on ubuntu-mate 20.04.1 LTS 64-bit.

Thanks,
Scott
3 years 4 months ago #63221

To be clear, I have indeed clicked the "Ethernet" option under INDI -> LX_200 10Micron -> Connections without any effect.

I've tried this in both the mutlaqj:ppa and mutlaqj:indinightly versions of INDI and KStars with precisely the same result.
3 years 4 months ago #63224

• Thank you received: 46
Hi there,

Sorry to interfere but I noticed you have "Auto Search" enabled, if you can't disable that it just might not let you choose anything else than a serial port.
Maybe you can edit the settingsfile "LX_200 10Micron.xml" in the directory ".indi/" (eg. cd .indi)
You should see a few lines like this...

<newSwitchVector device='EQMod Mount' name='DEVICE_AUTO_SEARCH'>
<oneSwitch name='INDI_ENABLED'>
Off
</oneSwitch>
<oneSwitch name='INDI_DISABLED'>
On
</oneSwitch>

Change the lines "On" and "Off" to match like my example, save the file and then copy "LX_200 10Micron.xml" to "LX_200 10Micron.xml.default" in the same directory, and then run KStars again and now you will (hopefully) select "Ethernet" and save the settings.

Note : I don't have a 10Micron mount and therefore don't know the precise filename but it should be easy to spot anyway.

Br,
/Markku
3 years 4 months ago #63225

UPDATE: I was able to use the Ethernet option after installing kubuntu 20.04.1

Thank you Markku for your very helpful suggestion!

I will try that under ubuntu-mate 20.04.1
3 years 4 months ago #63227

Time to create page: 1.973 seconds