INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New iOptron Go2Nova 8409 controller for CEM26 and GEM28 mounts

• Thank you received: 0

which mount is that your using?
3 years 3 weeks ago #68032

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 3 weeks ago #68035

• Thank you received: 0
Hi

Just got my CEM26 with the 8409. I use StellarMate for my automation workflow.  I connected the USB port from the hand controller to StellarMate using the cable supplied with the mount and then selected iOptron CEM70 as the scope.  In StellarMate I'm able to control the mount; perform GOTO etc.  It seems to use the indi_ioptronv3_telescope driver.  Hope that's helpful to any one.
2 years 11 months ago #69410

Welcome Owen to INDI forums! Thank you for the feedback. I've actually added alias for CEM26 and GEM28 so it's more obvious, but that would make it to the next KStars release.
2 years 11 months ago #69482

• Thank you received: 41
Hello, 

I am just a click away from Buy Now button for GEM28, so you, owners can you verify that the mount works too with the cable connected directly to PC with Kstars? (as far as I can understand there is a USB cable from the controller that you can connect on a PC).

Thank you!

2 years 11 months ago #70049

Yes directly it works fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Euripides
2 years 11 months ago #70050

Really happy with my new mount, I was able to connect it to my Macbook but I had a few hiccups yesterday on my first night.

In have ON the option Kstars updates all devices (time & place) I can see that the HC updates that info but it goes always +1 hour. I can see LT 22:00 in Kstars, 23:00 in my HC.  Any hints?

After PA I pressed Go To M81 (that time M81 was just left to the Polaris) but the mount went upside down! After many failed attempts, I've packed and moved inside.

Set as parked position pointing North with the counter bar down. Then I set the mount to point at Zenith, I could see the mount into Kstars at Zenith but in meanwhile the mount next to me was pointing on the yellow dot.

(Coordinates are correct cause till yesterday my setup worked flawlessly with my previous mount.)

Any hints, tips appreciated! 
2 years 10 months ago #71144
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2
For the 1st problem maybe check DST setting in both the HC and in kstars?
For the 2nd problem make sure you are installing the telescope the right way. You can easily test this indoor by turning reverse DEC option on.
Just my 2cents
2 years 10 months ago #71154

Setting a proper Home Position was the solution for the above. I've lost the whole session for this :-/
2 years 10 months ago #71176

It would be great if you could share any tip about minimizing the backlash. I have a lot of gear play on the RA. I had no luck with the instructions on the manual :-(
2 years 9 months ago #71924

• Thank you received: 16
I got a GEM28 a month or two ago and am having good results with indi_ioptronv3_telescope directly connected to the USB port of the hand controller. You MUST set the Zero Position with the hand controller at least once (usually, the initial power-up, but anytime before you use the indi driver is good).

It also works over WiFi, but unlike the SkyWatcher Synscan mounts, the iOptron mounts require the hand controller to be connected. Since the hand controller has to be there anyway and since USB is a bit more reliable than WiFi, I use the hard-wire USB method.
2 years 9 months ago #71944

• Thank you received: 4
I have just received a CEM26 mount from Ioptron and it works fine with a connection from the hand controller to the RPI4. From reading this thread there seems to be a cable to connect the RPI4 direct to the mount to avoid having to use the hand controller. Can anyone confirm that this cable www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077G717ZG/ref=...A24MRYRXOIQW54&psc=1 is similar to the one referred to in the thread. Thanks.
2 years 8 months ago #73653

Time to create page: 0.816 seconds