INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

iOptron CEM120 has strange PARKING behavior.

• Thank you received: 8
Yep, I have a CEM70 and it does that (although not always).
No big issue for me because I setup and tear down every night. Might be an issue (or better, an annoyance) for ppl with observatory and stable setup though.
My workflow is: setup everything, staying awake a bit to check that all is working fine, going to bed because meridian flip and auto-park will take care of everything, wake up and see that parking is horizontal (even though I set vertical) and, most of the time, still reporting slewing to. Therefore I click "goto home", turn off everything, etc
2 years 9 months ago #72308

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
Few minutes ago i powered up my new CEM70 mount. I used the pad to go to the Zero position and setted it as PARKING position.
I would do the same thing in INDI to park the scope in a position like the Polaris instead then in horizontal. Any tips to gain this result?
2 years 9 months ago #72527

• Thank you received: 13
Maybe a useful update:. After reading this thread I just got my new CEM120 and set the Home position and a custom parking position at aprox 90 degrees using the hand controller. Then I set up EKOS with same parking position and it all works fine.  I can Park and unpark from Ekos and it shows the correct status in mount control. Mount connection via ethernet. I do however have a different problem at the Meridian that I will start a new topic for.
2 years 6 months ago #75029

• Thank you received: 9
Hi Jasem,
any update on this? I have just got a CEM70 and I find it exhibit this strang behaviour: report it's slewing while it's actually not. Always parking in counterweight down position (home and park position are the same) while it's different if I use the hand set. (Home at counterweight down and park at counterweight sideway).
and many more small issues (the mount sometimes refuse to slew when it's commanded the first time, I have to issue second command...)
2 years 4 months ago #78050

Does the log from the mount show these values? i.e. if mount raw responses show it is slewing, then the driver just reports it as such.
2 years 4 months ago #78057

• Thank you received: 9
It does. Curiously enough, the problem with the mount sometimes ignore computer's input seems to be solved if I remove the HC and plug only the USB cable directly into the mount. Could it be the HC interfere with commands send from the computer? I'll play with it a bit more to confirm this.
The problem with Park position is solved by setting park Position manually inside Indi control panel. Now I have 2 separate home (zero) position with counterweight pointing down and park position with counterweight sideway.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Nguyễn Trọng Minh.
2 years 4 months ago #78065

Time to create page: 1.200 seconds