INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue with EQMOD driver after upgrade

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, first, this is my first post here. Second, i am newby with linux. I am using Stellarmate. I decided to run update of all the system with apt-get command.... all went well.
Now, when in Ekos i try to Start my profile with an EQMod Mount, i get the following message "INDI Driver EQMod Mount crashed. Restart it ?" Of course restart doesn t help.
in the repo i see ppa stellarmate nightly buster it seems.
If i try to upgrade the eqmod , it tells me i am runing the latest release 1.0-nightly~202012121551
What is going on and how could i fix it ?
PS: as i stated, i am a dummy so assume the most stupid possible mistake on my side ;-)
Thx a lot for your help
3 years 3 months ago #65269

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You can try to build from latest git. Run this in the console
update_indi_core
update_indi_drivers

Wait for update_indi_core to finish first obviously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gandola
3 years 3 months ago #65270

when i try update_indi_core i get command not found.
Do i need to do anything specific to be able to run that command ?

AND THX A LOT FOR THE FAST ANSWER
3 years 3 months ago #65273

I think that was added on SM OS v1.5.5 image, you have this?
3 years 3 months ago #65278

Hi,
i suppose i should start saying happy new year.
It was indeed v1.5.5 so i decided to start from a clean install and i flashed the micro card of my rasp with the latest version of stellarmate...
thx a lot for taking the time to help.
3 years 3 months ago #65306

So after re-installing from scratch i noticed the phd version was not 2.6.9dev2 which i wanted to try multistar guiding.
Vi stellarmate interface, it was telling me i was running lastest release so i decided to try beta via stellarmate web interface under software release type.
When i asked to check for update, it did propose me to ugrade BUT i noticed in the package it updated the indi eqmod driver.
After a rebbot, phd was running 2.6.9dev2 BUT the eqmod driver started to crash again. So with my limited knowledge, it appears it is the latest update of the indi eqmod driver that is causing the issue.
I tried to run again the update_indi_core command. I still get a command not found but this time the auto complete do find the command. I suck at linux but i suspect if the auto completion is working, te command is somehow known but may be not executable or not under the correct path or something ?
help appreciated
3 years 3 months ago #65307

Time to create page: 0.725 seconds