INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meade LX85

• Thank you received: 0

Meade LX85 was created by Geoffrey Frost

Trying to get the mount to respond to stellarmate movement commands. It always replies below minimum elevation. Even after I have completed an align. It tracks okay. I can auto focus on a star, guide and take 60 second exposures of whatever happens to be in picture. But trying a goto in kstar just returns the same message.
I have the Pegasus UPB and a stepper focus motor plus a GPS module.
The mount is an LX85 Audiostar which I think lacks a certain amount of support from INDI. I use Meade 200clasic?
Any suggestions
3 years 2 months ago #66441

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 160

Replied by Alfred on topic Meade LX85

I remember somebody else posted about a similar problem recently. He had set wrong mount limits and as soon as he set min alt 0 and max alt 90 the problem was solved. Found the link.... indilib.org/forum/ekos/7720-meade-lx200-...to-target.html#60046

If that doesn't fix it, did you try the lx200-autostar driver?

What happens if you click the EAST or WEST button in the mount control tab?
3 years 2 months ago #66452

Replied by Geoffrey Frost on topic Meade LX85

Thanks for the pointer. Align before connecting to kstars. I will give that a go. Does sound like my postion information is wrong. I might try without the GPS module. Did try thr auto driver early on without much success but I might try it again. Have set the limits to 90 and zero and I still get the below horizon message. Pretty certain manual control works so all tends to point to not knowing the correct location.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Geoffrey Frost.
3 years 2 months ago #66461

Replied by Geoffrey Frost on topic Meade LX85

Found the problem.
The LX85 ended up in high precision mode after a softeare update a while back. I left it like this due to other things that needed sorting.
Switched off the high precision mode and it now works from kstars. I did switch to the LX200 autostar driver which appears to have few less options but it still works. I will try the classic again.
Thanks for your help.
Just need to sort out the 8/12/16 bit camera operation then I might be able to take a picture.
3 years 2 months ago #66477

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds