INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GEM45 in latest library. Strange Park behaviour.

• Thank you received: 56
I have just upgraded to the latest version of the the Indi library and I notice that the behaviour of the GEM45 mount driver has changed. It is now using the iOptronV3 driver Version 1.5 (incorrect, it is 1.3) Interface 5.
I upgraded the firmware in my GEM45 a few weeks ago and loaded the iOptronV3 driver Version 1.3 Interface 5. The park function was working perfectly in that version. I used it for many sessions.
In the version from the latest library the mount will park once but it is not possible to Unpark it from EKOS. EKOS keeps the Unpark button greyed out, the Park is still active.
If I park it from Indi it says "Parking in Progress..." and stays in that state.
If I then unpark it from Indi it says "Parking/Unparking aborted" followed by "Slew Complete, tracking..." and it switches on the tracking.

So I thought I will just revert back to the 1.3 driver (I always keep one SD card with my last good working version) but the behaviour there is now the same!

It seems like the 1.5 driver has sent some command to the mount to change its behaviour.

Does anyone know why I am seeing this behaviour and how I can get back to the V1.3 behaviour?
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68279

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I need new glasses! The published driver is the 1.3 driver, I thought it read "1.5" but that is not the case.

I am still confused as the behaviour does seem to have changed, I am sure I could Park and Unpark previously.

Can anyone with GEM45 confirm the behaviour?
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68280

• Thank you received: 420
What happens if you clear the park data and then set the park position again? To clear the park data, you can manually delete the
.indi/ParkData.xml
file from a console or clear the park data from the mount tab in Ekos. Mind the dot at the start of the directory name if you choose to do this manually!
3 years 3 weeks ago #68281

I just reset the the park position using the handset (find home, set park to current) and now it works again.

What I noticed was I could use the Park command in Indi but it never completed, if I gave the goto home command with Indi then I did get the status "Mount is Parked". I guess Indi was never reaching the "home" position so it did not register as parked.

"Clear Outside" says it going to be totally clouded over but I have blue skies, should at least be able to experiment a little.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68282

Time to create page: 0.873 seconds