INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Internal guider not completing calibration after 3-1-21 INDI update Celestron

• Thank you received: 1
Is anyone else having issues with the internal guider not finishing calibration for Celestron?

I just ran into this after I updated Ekos/Indi 1.8.9 on Raspberry Pi4 running Astroberry.

Looks like it might be this:
github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1368
3 years 2 weeks ago #68403

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
Yes, I updated to the latest Astroberry over the weekend and I'm now seeing two issues. When looking at the calibration plot the RA drift forward seems to create a random grouping of dots versus creating a line. Seems more prevalent when looking West. Second, just as mentioned in the link above the drift reverse is not reversing. It seems to continue along the line of the drift forward.

I have a Celestron AVX that seemed to work fine before upgrading to the latest Astroberry which is KStars 3.5.2 with INDI 1.8.9.

No logs, but I did switch back to a backup SDHC and the previous version worked.
3 years 2 weeks ago #68404

• Thank you received: 69
My workaround for this on my CGX is to use a ST4 cable.
3 years 2 weeks ago #68407

I guess I've learned my lesson, backup before I update! I guess sits time to try st4 guiding until there's a fix.

Thanks for the reply.
3 years 2 weeks ago #68408

The Celestron driver has been updated to version 3.6. That shows up on my Linux Desktop running mint, but my Astroberry is still on version 3.5 even after I tried switching over to the Nightly unstable builds. Don't know if I needed to uninstall something first, since Linux is still new to me. I'd rather test on my Astroberry, but I guess I can pull out the laptop ( I runn everything locally on the Astroberry and VNC into it).

I ran this in Astroberry:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-full kstars-bleeding gsc

I saw what it looked like a successful update, but I still see 3.5 Celestron driver in INDI in EKOS on the Astroberry?

Maybe I need to wait a few more days? Is there a way to confirm I'm getting Nightly builds after doing this?

Thanks!
3 years 2 weeks ago #68562

• Thank you received: 117
I've been fighting with this issue for a few days now (since upgrading to the latest release). I have a CGX-L and I experienced a polarity flip on calibration (guide rate = 0.5). I also saw that when the guide interface was enabled (calibration or guiding), the stars would push off in one direction, and reverse moves (east, south) were either not happening or ineffective. After increasing the guide rate to 1.0, and allowing the calibration sense to swap polarity, I was able to get back on-sky. Glad to see that I wasn't going crazy. My drift aligns also had to be reversed (Alt knob & Az knob reactions to drift)!
3 years 2 weeks ago #68566

• Thank you received: 69
The nightly repo is for ubuntu. Astroberry is based on raspbian.

If it works on raspbian it is by coincidence only and will break before long.

If using Astroberry, backup your system (I rsync'd my drive to a second SSD), and checkout the git version and follow the compile instructions finishing with "sudo make install".
3 years 2 weeks ago #68585

I grabbed the Celestron driver fixes from github and built them against INDI 1.8.9 and guider calibration is now working for me on my AVX.

3 years 1 week ago #68758

Is that the same as building the INDI driver with these steps here: github.com/indilib/indi
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Jamie.
3 years 1 week ago #68762

Pretty much, except that instead of doing the "git clone...." I just grabbed the source from github.com/indilib/indi/releases/tag/v1.8.9

That got me the source specific to V1.8.9. Then I grabbed the latest celestrongps.cpp and drivers.xml which have the fix and the driver version changes and overwrote the V1.8.9 versions.

Rest should be the same although I only built the Celestron driver with
"make -j4 indi_celestron_gps"
and then manually copied the driver over using
"sudo cp indi_celestron_gps /usr/bin/indi_celestron_gps"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jamie
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Tunafish.
3 years 1 week ago #68781

• Thank you received: 4
I ended up switching to nightly and saving the compiled driver to my desktop. Then reverted to stable and copied the saved driver back to /usr/bin. Seems to work ok.
3 years 6 days ago #69064

• Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

This is my first post here, I started into astrophotography last summer, after some years of visual astronomy.

I updated Astroberry last week, and spent several nights trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Rebalanced over and over, checked settings, made wild changes, reset things to defaults, etc.

I did suspect that the update was a problem, and was really relieved to see this post. I wasn't able to compile the fix on Astroberry, but was able to get it done on my linux laptop and things went much better (it had auto-updated indi), I need to read up on dependencies for Astroberry compiles.

Does anyone happen to have a fixed indi_celestron_gps binary for Astroberry that could be made available for download?

Clear skies!
3 years 4 days ago #69183

Time to create page: 0.907 seconds