INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_celestron_gps / guide calibration failure

• Thank you received: 30
Initial guide calibration fails when starting an EKOS Schedule with the telescope set to OFF (when starting from the Park position or pointing anywhere but not tracking).
If the telescope is parked (or turned off ), when starting the Schedule, it wakes up and slews towards the target but, during the guide calibration procedure, the stars (actually the telescope) continuously move in RA and the calibration fails.
If the Schedule is set to 'retry after a failure / error' and I manually set in EKOS the telescope to OFF and then ON again, the calibration pass in the next attempt.

This is indi_celestron_gps vs 3.6 on the last stable Stellarmate. The symptoms of the problem are the same as those reported for vs 3.5 in other forum threads (and which were fixed in this version).
2 years 11 months ago #69758

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
Just to note that I experienced this behavior the other night.  I was fiddling with some SEP settings so I didn't really take notice, but this post jogged my brain.  Celestron CGEM, indi_celestron_gps vs 3.6, Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS with latest stable build.
2 years 11 months ago #69770

• Thank you received: 0
I have a similar issue with calibration and guiding .

I am using a Celestron CGEM ( DX)  mount and added this in to the  Ekos profile , I have yet to get any tracking to work or complete a calibration sequence,  things just seem to hang after one direction of calibration movement with Stars just continuing to move out of the FOV .

Work sequence is to set up my system point north and with the Nextstar hand set do a 2 star align , when the hand set then returns "ready " I fire up Astroberry ,should I be doing this at all ?

In the Indi profile I select the CGEM mount ( which  have ) , HOWEVER my connection is via the serial port on the Nextstar hand set , so should I in fact select " Nextsar " not CGEM ?

Over all the software is a fantastic piece of kit just very frustrating when I cant quite get it all to talk to each other ( both ZWO 294 MC camera and Starlight express Loadstar function and send images as hoped for ).

Duncan
2 years 11 months ago #69914

• Thank you received: 4
I use 'CGEM', not "Nexstar", even though the cable is connected to the handset.  I am not using an autoguiding cable from the mount to the camera, but I have been thinking about trying it. 

The first issue that was causing the calibration problem was a bug in the indi_celestron_gps v3.5 that is still in the current stable build.  There also seems to be some problem going on with calibration when it happens automatically from the scheduler.
2 years 11 months ago #69957

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds