INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New driver for Vixen Starbook Ten

• Thank you received: 1
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this - apologies if not - I'm new to the INDI community, and relatively new to astrophotography as a whole.

I've recently written a driver for Vixen Starbook Ten-based mounts (SXP2, SXD2, and others), with support for pulse guiding, and just about everything else the Starbook Ten (with the latest 5.10 firmware!) supports. I've taken it for a spin and it seems to work - at least as far as a newbie like me can tell. If anyone else has a Starbook Ten (with the 5.10 firmware), I'd love to get others to try it and get feedback!

The fork of indi-3rdparty with the driver can be found here: github.com/bwalex/indi-3rdparty/tree/starbook-ten in the indi-starbook-ten directory. I've also submitted a pull request to the indi-3rdparty repo here: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/pull/402.

Cheers,
Alex

PS: Apologies also if this message appears twice - I submitted it once before, but it seems to have gone absolutely nowhere...
2 years 10 months ago #71319

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Hi Alex,

Did you get any feedback on how this works? Did it get rolled into the regular distribution at some point?
I was looking at a used SXP2, but if INDI support is minimal or dodgy I will keep looking in other directions.
2 years 4 months ago #77937

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Ron,

I haven’t had any feedback, good or bad, but I’ve been using it myself with an SXP2 for a bit now. As long as the Starbook Ten is at least on version 5.10 things work out just fine. I wouldn’t consider it minimal or dodgy - it’s feature complete and I haven’t run into any issues. If anyone did, I’d be happy to help fix them.

The code is in the indi-3rdparty repo. I haven’t made an effort (yet) to try and see if it can go into the main repo - it just doesn’t make a huge difference to me where it is.
2 years 3 months ago #78154

• Thank you received: 31
Thanks, Alex. I talked to the seller of the used Vixen I had seen, and their description of its guiding behavior didn't sound very encouraging. So I'm back to planning on a new CEM40 while still keeping my eyes on used mounts until I pull the trigger.

Ron
2 years 3 months ago #78187

Time to create page: 1.043 seconds