INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron CGE not controllable

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm playing with a Celestron CGE mount, and I have some issues in getting it all to work. It has a handcontrol with a small RJ11 (?) contact. To this, I connect a cable and via a RS232 -> USB connect to my Stellarmate. I connect the mount as Celestron Nextstar. Connection is fine. But the mount moves erratically, to say the least. It is not at all represented on the map - on Kstars map, it might be positiones low in NW, but the mount points to zenith. Moreover, no matter where on the map in Kstars I click and tell it to GoTo, it respondes by a small "dance" - it slews ncely a few degrees, then wiggles back again the the same position at zenith. No matter what I do, it points at the same spot. 

What I am doing wrong here?

EDIT: I am running 1.5.6 to avoid all issues with latest nightly.

Magnus
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Magnus Larsson.
2 years 9 months ago #71752

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
I'm not sure what you else you may have tried, and I'm not really keeping up with all the Celestron drivers, but does the CGEM driver work?
2 years 9 months ago #71753

Hi!

Nope, neither CGEM nor CGEX works. And plugging in a RJ45 cable in the "PC" connection and trying the Aux produce similar (not identical) results to the Celestron Nextstar via the handcontrol.

I guess I am missing something obvious. I am very new to this mount...

Magnus
2 years 9 months ago #71754

Hi!

It seems that I got this solved now. As I expected, it was a simple user mistake. While my Losmandy G11 just needs to be turned on, then I can control it from Ekos (I don't even need a handcontrol on it), it seems that the Nextstar needs to be started and aligned, before I connect to Indi. So I did that, and now it works :)

However, my HC is version 4.16. The documentation says the driver works from versions 4.20 and higher. But: so far, I have not encountered any problems. 

Magnus
2 years 9 months ago #71776

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds