INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDIWebManager not recognizing Homebrew installed

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all, newbee here. trying to get setup to learn. Forgive any ignorance and if I posted this in the wrong group.....

So I go looking for what I need on my Macbook to work with my AVX. I read a LOT. I watch a LOT of videos. I never find a step-by-step guide on how to start, what to install in what order, etc. So I 'think' I have a plan.

I download and install (in this order) 1) PHD2, 2) kstars, 3) INDIWebManager.

In INDIWebManager Configuration options I go get GSC and then Python and indi-web.

Python prompts me to go get Homebrew. I follow the instructions and it gives me a terminal and tells me:

Error: The Ruby Homebrew installer is now disabled and has been rewritten in
Bash. Please migrate to the following command:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"

I copy and paste the command and it goes through a long installation with a "Sussesfully Installed"at the end. I close terminal and Python and indi-web still shows incomplete. I click Install again only to find myself looped into the same process however this time get a much shorter responce as follows:

This script will install:
/opt/homebrew/bin/brew
/opt/homebrew/share/doc/homebrew
/opt/homebrew/share/man/man1/brew.1
/opt/homebrew/share/zsh/site-functions/_brew
/opt/homebrew/etc/bash_completion.d/brew
/opt/homebrew

Press RETURN/ENTER to continue or any other key to abort:
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/chown -R <em><user>,admin</em> /opt/homebrew
==> Downloading and installing Homebrew...
HEAD is now at 31ed6906f Merge pull request #14391 from MikeMcQuaid/comment_bump_repology_spec
Updated 1 tap (homebrew/core).
==> Installation successful!

So I close terminal, close INDIWebManager and reboot my Mac.
I launch INDIWebManager to find the same problem, Python and indi-web show Incomplete sending me down the rabbit hole to install Homebrew again.

What am I missing, doing wrong, miss-understanding?

Thanks so much for any guidance.
1 year 2 months ago #89808

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds