INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate OS does not upgrade

• Thank you received: 18
I've not run the Stellarmate OS software update for a while, so decided to run it today. There's like 281 or so updates. But if I click install updates, it stops and I get the following error:
E: raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster/main armhf base-files armhf 10.3+rpi1+deb10u8 is not (yet) available (404  Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80])

Anyone know what this means and how to update Stellarmate OS?

2 years 6 months ago #75516

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
It has not worked for over a year, I have asked numerous times for it to be fixed, but again it fell on deaf ears…not everyone wants to or can update from the terminal….so this should really work…but hey ho…
The following user(s) said Thank You: W J Drijfhout
2 years 6 months ago #75518

• Thank you received: 86
I updated mine to latest beta about a week ago with no issues.
Sometimes beta updates misbehave, that's true...
The update process is not straightforward and not streamlined either.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: W J Drijfhout
2 years 6 months ago #75547

• Thank you received: 140
Yes, but it should be streamlined and easy, especially for new users, I have been telling the developer for a year now about this…the issue with this software is that they are always trying to make it more complex and better, which is good, BUT not at the expense of the little things still not working, it puts newbies off..
2 years 6 months ago #75548

Based on the suggestions made above, I have gone through the terminal, and the good news is: fully updated now. These were the steps taken:
- Manually updated INDI in terminal
- Manually updated KStars in terminal
- Using the Software update manager, ticked 4 entries that seemed to do with updating the Stellarmate update manager. This updated well
- Restart
- Opened the (updated) Stellarmate Update manager, selected all 300-something entries and clicked 'update'.

This ran for a while and apparently updated everything without issues. Not sure which of the steps were crucial, but it worked, and that is most important.

I agree with earlier comments on lack of and need for a streamlined process here. The benefit of Stellarmate would be to have a simple to install and maintain (!) all in one astrophotography solution. If not, it would not be much easier to use than my much faster/robuster headless Linux miniPC with KStars/Ekos.
2 years 6 months ago #75554

You are probably using an older version of StellarMate. Versions from 1.5.2+ onwards using the new "StellarMate Updater" tool on the desktop, not the built-in one provided by Raspbian. Furthermore, you can use SM App --> Devices --> Update to do the same without user interaction.
2 years 6 months ago #75556

Thanks Jasem. I guess that is what ultimately ended up happening, that I installed the StellarMate Updater, and from there it worked and updated everything. Does that mean that I am now on a Stellarmate 1.5.2+ version as well?
Updating from the App did say I was up to date, but I'm wondering if that focuses on KStars only. The rest of the updates that got installed were throughout the Raspbian system
2 years 6 months ago #75557

Using this it will install all system updates including KStars.
2 years 6 months ago #75563
Attachments:

Thanks Jasem, yes, this is indeed the one that got installed by checking those 4 components first before updating the whole OS. Just checked and it says I'm on 1.6.0, so all good.
This is a really great addition, and indeed a super easy way to keep the system up to date.
2 years 6 months ago #75571

• Thank you received: 86
Tonight I tried to update 1.5.9 Beta to 1.6.0 Stable.
Went into SM Control Panel to switch from Beta to Stable.
As soon as got into SM Control Panel it reported that updates were available and started installing without asking me.
As the result I ended up with a broken SM installation (no KStars, no PHD2, no internet connection, etc.) which happened to me a few times before under similar circumstances.

Used a 1.5.9 stable backup card to update to 1.6.0 - this went without a problem.

Just FYI.
Thanks!
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
2 years 6 months ago #75583

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds