INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate 1.6 Upgrade Crashes

• Thank you received: 28
I've been using 1.5.9 with no problems and since upgrading to 1.6 yesterday things are very unstable. I am running StellarMate on an RPi 4b and controlling it from the StellarMate iPad app or sometimes a Mac (in the case of the Mac, either via Screenshare or from the KStars app). In the StellarMate iOS app, when I try to use the new targets feature, if I select a target, the app crashes and I end up back at iOS. If I try to use the VNC feature inside the StellarMate app, the same result - app terminates and I end up back at iOS. From both the iOS app and using the Mac, the connectivity is very unstable and I've had to reboot numerous times just to get an imaging session done. Is anyone else having these problems? I'm ready to just flash a new micro SD card for the RPi to see that helps. StellarMate reports that I'm running on the current version but sometimes a complete new install can help although it comes with the headache of setting things up again (I do have a back up but  . . . .).

UPDATE - I've been experimenting with a 7year old iPad Air and the StellarMate software seems to be stable on that device (although very slow). My post above related to running StellarMate on a 3 year old iPad Pro where it continues to crash. I'll keep fiddling with it.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Frederick Ruegsegger. Reason: Added an UPDATE
2 years 6 months ago #75636

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
I burned a new Stellarmate image for my RPi4 to use with the new app and am experiencing the same issues so I don't think it's the RPi side -- gt
2 years 6 months ago #75684

• Thank you received: 2
I have the same isues. The ios app isn't ready for serious use.
2 years 6 months ago #75694

This app continues to be challenging to use and I really want it to work. I've tried another iPad and have been able to navigate targets without the app crashing finally. However it crashes when you try to define presets in the camera app for example. This morning, while trying to capture updated bias frames, it got half way through the sequence and crashed. In this case it wasn't just the iOS app but the instance of EKOS on the RPi just stopped. Why this behaves badly and also differently on different iOS devices makes it hard to diagnose since there is no consistent pattern that is obvious. There may be some configuration differences between devices but that still wouldn't explain the app's and EKOS' unstable performance overall.

If anyone supporting the app/EKOS would like me to try things, I'd be more than happy to be lab rat.
2 years 6 months ago #75710

Jasem indicated on the ticket I sent in that an update would be pushed through today with fixes. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: The update didn't get released today, hopefully tomorrow
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Gord Tulloch.
2 years 6 months ago #75718

Gord - thanks very much for the update. I'll keep an eye out. When this works, it's truly great.

Fred
2 years 6 months ago #75721

• Thank you received: 0
I’m pleased to see this post. I thought it was something I was doing. I get further on my iPhone 11 than I do on my iPad Air but it seems like data entry that pulls up the onscreen keyboard will crash the app when I press enter.
2 years 6 months ago #75745

Nothing yet -- gt
2 years 6 months ago #75763

We will release update for both Android & iOS later today to fix this issue among other, stay tuned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gord Tulloch
2 years 6 months ago #75776

Upgrade appeared last night in my older iPad Pro, but my new iPad Gen8 didn't allow me to upgrade. I just deleted Stellarmate and reinstalled, which worked fine but I lost all of my presets. Since I'm just testing on the Gen8 it's not a problem but in future, sure would be!

Otherwise all of the issues I've seen have disappeared while using the Simulators. Great job!
2 years 6 months ago #75829

Thanks Jasem and Gord - I'm not seeing it on the App Store yet but that may be a geographical difference (I'm in the US). I tried the delete and re-load again on two devices and keep getting 2.4.0. Assume it will get here eventually.
2 years 6 months ago #75832

Sorry for the delay, we will submit 2.4.1 to the App store store and hopefully it won't take long to get approved. Thank you for your patience.
2 years 6 months ago #75840

Time to create page: 0.753 seconds