×

INDI Library v1.9.4 Released (17 Jan 2022)

Bimonthly Stable INDI Library release introduces new drivers and fixes for existing ones. Some highlights:

StellarMate OS 1.6.0 Session Results

  • Posts: 115
  • Thank you received: 9
I finally got a clear night to try out the new Stellarmate OS version which I ran on my RPi via Real VNC from my Mac.  I decided to test as many features as possible and logged the results using EKOS Debugger (attached).

I used Sequencer to schedule two jobs.  First, imaging M31 for 60 shots of 60 seconds.  Second, SH 2-114 for 200 shots of 120 seconds.  After starting the scheduler, it waited until the "twilight" time was reached and began properly.  Here are some highlights after starting:
  • Tracking worked, focusing worked (but struggled initially), alignment failed.  After repeated plate solving attempts, I aborted the sequence.  On a whim, I changed from the "Internal Solver" to "Astrometry" and restarted the sequence.  The alignment worked great and proceeded to guiding/capturing.  Not sure what the problem is with the internal solver... maybe someone can find something in the log.
  • Internal guiding was not good.  I changed various parameters, but mostly experienced ~2.0 RMS.  I've never had guiding this bad and had very good seeing.  I ended up increasing the min-move to 0.5 and that helped a bit... but never got below 1.4 RMS.  What was weird is that sometimes I could see the stars in the image, but SM didn't.  Tonight I may try PHD2 to see if that makes a difference.
  • Meridian Flip was flawless!!!
  • Scheduled Autofocus was flawless!
  • Moving to new job was flawless!
  • I was able to capture until about 01:13, then the my dome got in the way and I lost the stars.  What's weird is that even though guiding aborted, SM kept capturing.  It didn't hurt anything, but I thought capture was supposed to stop when guiding aborted?
  • Another weird thing (bug?) is that once the mount got below the min altitude, SM stopped moving the mount (good)... but never parked the mount (bad).  It just kept trying to restart the sequence.  I assumed that once the limit was reached the system would suspend the sequence and park the mount.
Finally, I had a lot more occurrences of SM dropping its connection to my WiFi then I've had in the past.  I don't know if this is due to the recent change.

Hope this helps!

Ron

  

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars_log...5-53.zip
File Size:5,468 KB
Mounts: Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro, Meade LX85, Celestron NexStar Evolution Alt/Az
OTAs: Celestron 8" Edge HD w/Celestron Focus Motor, Meade 80mm APO Triplet Refractor w/ZWO EAF
Cameras: ASI533MC Pro, ASI183MC Pro, ASI224MC, ASI120MC-S, ZWO ASI290MM
Raspberry Pi 4 with Stellarmate OS, MacBook Pro
4 months 4 days ago #75899
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds