INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate App questions

• Thank you received: 2
I finally appear to have Stellarmate directing my mount properly at last! I have now just started using the Stellarmate app and am gradually finding my way around. I have two questions though:

1. In polar align which seems to work well and quickly, as well as using the visual aid, I use the polar alignment error figures. The text box thaat comes up states 'use update PA error to estimate the remaining error as you adjust the star position'. However, in the app I cannot see anyway to do this, although it is present in Ekos itself via vnc. 
2. I cannot find a way to manually move the mount in the app - surely this must be possible? In EKOS there is mount control that allows directional control, but in tthe app nothing. 
2 years 4 months ago #77901

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bump. Has nobody any thoughts on this?
2 years 4 months ago #77934

• Thank you received: 6
Tapping the T icon at upper right gives you direction keys at the right and left edges of the tablet.
2 years 4 months ago #77946

Thank you for that. Any idea of the update PA error that I cannot seem to find?
2 years 4 months ago #77947

• Thank you received: 6
Sorry I use a Polemaster so never tried the PA stuff in Stellarmate.
2 years 4 months ago #77950

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Jon on topic Stellarmate App questions

I wondered the same thing. Which OS are you running the app on? I can't get PA to run properly on Android tablet at all.

--Jon
2 years 4 months ago #78022

Sorry for the late reply. I use android. One issue I sometimes find with PA is that the 'target' at the top of the triangle is off screen. In this situation i have to get PA as close to 'target' as possible then start the process again. Less than ideal...
2 years 2 months ago #79192

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by Jon on topic Stellarmate App questions

Thanks for the reply. I discovered that my issue with Android turned out to be with the tablet itself. It failed shortly after posting about this. I'm not sure of its usefulness to me other than PA anyway. For now, I use SharpCap's PA routine from my laptop directly at the scope and run my imaging (for my wide field setup) from my PC using VNC connected to my Stellarmate at the mount.

I agree with your sentiments regarding the target triangle being off screen. I run into that all the time since I tear down and setup each time.

--Jon
2 years 2 months ago #79202

Time to create page: 0.781 seconds