INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

1.6.1 StellarMate OS Update Not Recognized

• Thank you received: 28
My StellarMate OS software updater tool shows I'm running 1.6.0 so I assumed it would show an update to 1.6.1. When I invoke the Software Updater it provides a "All software is already up to date" message. Is anyone else having this problem or is there a fix?

Thanks!
Fred
2 years 4 months ago #77907

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
Hi Frederick,

Could you confirm this. After I updated it took about a minute or so until the display of the version number in the Stellarmate dashboard has been updated. It showed me 1.6.0 at first but then switched to 1.6.1 after a bit when I was about to check what went wrong.

Alternatively you could force the update in the Stellarmate terminal window with the following commands:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade
(source: stellarmate.com/support/faq.html?view=faq&faqid=11)

Kind regards,

Alex
2 years 4 months ago #77910

Alex,

Thank you for your response. I've power cycled the RPi a number of times and have had it running for hours - still shows 1.6.0. I also ran the command you referred me to and that generated all kinds of error messages but no update. I'll have a look at this more today to see if I can move this forward.

Again, thanks.

Fred
2 years 4 months ago #77932

Wanted to post that I have been able to update to 1.6.1. After numerous attempts using the Software Updater on the RPi desktop (via VPN) as well as the software update function on the Device screen of the iOS StellarMate app, I couldn't get the update to work. It would start to download the update - get between 5% and 20% done and report that it had completed and that I should reboot the device. This didn't actually update the software which I confirmed by checking the version number -  I was still running 1.6.0.

It appears that the update process was a victim to my fix for the RPi's poor WiFi. I use a range extender near my rig and, because it has an ethernet port, I sometimes run an ethernet cable from the extender to the RPi. In this case the RPi reports both a WiFi connection and an ethernet connection although the icon on the top right of the desktop routinely shows the graphic for an ethernet connection, which I have assumed is preferred. As part of my attempt to troubleshoot my update, I disconnected the ethernet cable and the RPi was therefore only on its own WiFi - everything worked.

It's strange that it starts the update in the dual WiFi/Ethernet configuration and reports a successful completion - but doesn't actually update. On the other hand, when I use WiFi only, it starts and completes successfully. In my normal use, the dual configuration hasn't presented problems but I think I'll dispense with the ethernet cable for a while and see how things go.

Fred
2 years 4 months ago #77943

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds