INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Raspberry pi with stellarmate lost stellermate network

• Thank you received: 0
I put stellarmate OS on a raspberry pi 4.   Stellarmate appeared as an available network.  i was able to add my home wifi network to the device and was able to connect using my laptop using VNC.   updated Stellarmate OS ( i think or it said i did, but didn't see any changes to the stellarmate version number ).    And was able to connect to the Sky watcher AZGi Wifi mount and camera via KSTARS/Ekos.     Everything was good.     shutdown and the next day no Stellarmate wifi SSID.     recycled power several time over the next few days, but stellarmate network would not appear.    I am able connect to KSTARS using my home network.
Anyone have any trouble shooting suggestions?
beware, this is my first attempt using stellarmate and raspberry pi.   so please use language that a first time user would understand.
thanks
dave 
2 years 3 months ago #78694

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
If you connected stellarmate to your house wifi then  the stellarmate wifi will turn off. If you want to return to stellarmate wifi then use the stellarmate app connected to your house wifi, anf go to wifi settings,> join a network >forget wifi, and stellarmate hotspot will eventually turn on again. One of the things that makes using the stellarmate app frustrating is the time it sometimes takes to switch from one wifi to another.
Hope this helps.
Mike
2 years 3 months ago #78702

Where things are  after i had everything working when stellarmate network ssid was available and several days have elapsed....I provide power to raspberry Pi 4 with stellarmate installed.    I go to my pc and stellar mate network ssid never appears.   
you suggested "If you want to return to stellarmate wifi then use the stellarmate app connected to your house wifi, anf go to wifi settings,> join a network >forget wifi, and stellarmate hotspot will eventually turn on again"
i can't find what you suggest....
I go to stellarmate.local:6080,  after getting the NoVNC window, i provide smate password and Kstar opens.  I  open application window, go to preferences, then advanced network configuration.  Network connection window opens.
show two wifi  items......Wifi connection 1 and stellarmate.   if i select wifi connection1 and then settings icon.....don't see any thing that tells to not use wifi connection, nor how to delete.
if i go to kstars/Tools/ekos . still don't see what you suggest.

if i go to iphone stellarmate......hit rescan......can't find stellarmate.

also tried with browser entering stellarmate Ip address.....and again can't find stellarmate

sorry as i mentioned.....i am a complete novice
any additional hints or documents would be appreciated
dave

2 years 3 months ago #78712

OK.....found how to delete the home wifi and stellarmate network reappeared.
thanks for the hint
dave
2 years 3 months ago #78713

Time to create page: 0.771 seconds