INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron Wifi issues

• Thank you received: 0
I'm having some issues after yesterday I updated stellarmate to latest version. Since then everytime I start up my profile I have to manually input celestron mount IP manually. Otherwise it tries to connect to 1.2.3.4 IP, which is not correct. 
After I input correct IP and connect to my mount succesfully, I have noticed that left and right mount control are inverted. If I click "left" button, it moves to the right. Up and down are working fine.
Anyone else with same issue?
2 years 2 months ago #79683

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Jacobo,
I also tested SM1.7 OS last night, I am using SW AZ GTi mount,
Mount IP address issue same, when I go to port selector, every time it is showing mount's default IP 192.168.4.1. But I am using home router's WIFI.
I tried to save mount's config in Ekos with no success.

West East buttons reversed also happened in my setup. South/North are OK

I believe it is not related with mount type.

regards,
Kemal

2 years 2 months ago #79705

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Celestron Wifi issues

Will push an update later tonight to fix this. I think we need to add universal reverse Left/Right and Up/Down to all INDI mount drivers.
2 years 2 months ago #79721

Hi Jasem, thanks for the update. I have just tried and I can confirm mount IP is stored as usual. 
On the other hand I would like to ask you one thing. What's AXIS1 PID Proportional value used for? I have been having tracking issues for quite a long time. At the begining the mount didn't track at all, but since a week, it starts tracking but with several problems. While tracking I can see RA and DEC figures changes, which shouldn't be the case as far as I know. In kstars I can see the mount trying to keep target centered but what it really does is moving around it, very closely but not centered at all.
Checking logs, I could see that tracking rate was set to 80. Looking to driver options I found this value in AXIS1 PID and AXIS2 PID Proportional. I reduced it several times until I tried with 20. With this value, tracking was working perfectly: target was kept centered and RA and DEC figures didn't change. Just ALT and AZ figures were changing. I don't really know if these figures can affect to tracking or this was just by chance.
2 years 2 months ago #79794

Thanks for testing. Yes, these figures are for tracking alt Alt-Az mode. The documentation needs to be updated. I used 80 which worked for my mount (Evolution 6"). I'm not sure if there is a way to make it work for all mounts automatically by some method.
2 years 2 months ago #79797

Ok I finally finished writing the driver documentation here: indilib.org/telescopes/celestron/celestron-aux-driver.html

Let me know if this clears things up or if it requires more clarifications.
2 years 2 months ago #79804

I think it's clear enough.
Thanks for your efforts, It's really helpfull.
2 years 2 months ago #79844

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds