I did a update / dist-upgrade to my Pi4B+ running SM OS
KStars build 2022-01-23 stable release thinking the issue with polar alignment
would resolve, no go. I have been successful before with the same gear and
setup for many months but for the past few weeks the PA aborts, parks the mount
and recommends slowing the speed, which doesnt fix the issue. Is there something
in the stellar solver I should change or is there a log I can post for review ?
Cam is ZWO ASI533, 100 gain, 1.5s exp, offset 10, scope is WO GT71 with 0.8x FR.
Regular slew to target / capture and solve is working fine. I have checked all cables,
nothing dragging, nothing changed since before when PA was previously working fine
the error message comes from PolarAlignmentAssistant::processMountRotation method.
"Mount aborted. Please restart the process and reduce the speed."
I reduced the speed from 128x progressively lower until it would take way to long
to rotate to the next position and at each speed before the first mount rotation
the process stops with the message. I also occasionally encounter guiding going
wonky and drifting off target so that I have to recenter and restart guiding. Is there
some physical cause, maybe the cold weather (-15C last night), or is this software related ?
HEQ5 (belt mod)
ASI533MC Pro, ASI385MC-Cool, ASI120MM-mini, ASI178MM
Meade LX65 6" ACF SCT (OTA), William Optics GT71, WO PFlatA6III, ZWO IR/UV cut
MoonLite CS 2" SCT, MoonLite High Res Stepper Motor V3, ZWO EAF, ZWO OAG, Hercules OAG
Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi4B+ 8Gb, Pegasus PPBA
I tried running PAA with the new SM OS 1.7 beta: same issue. I can no longer slew at reasonable speed without
getting "Mount aborted. Please restart the process and reduce the speed".
Im trying 8x slew which is brutally slow:it takes 14 minutes to rotate the mount! Params are
CCD: ZWO ASI533
*** added the log from 32bit SM OS truncated to after the mount aborts and then parks
I've got also in rare cases the message : "Mount aborted. Please restart the process and reduce the speed."
but I use a narrow FOV of only 41 x 27 arcmin (which is not your case)
Reducing the speed didn't help.
I found that orienting the scope in order to get Polaris in the FOV solved the problem and that I could continue the PA process normally.
Celestron EdgeHD 11 on Celestron CGE Pro
Celestron OAG and MicroTouch Autofocuser
ASI2600MC Pro + ASI174MM