INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Please wait while syncing...

• Thank you received: 5
I am just getting started with StellarMate/Ekos.  Currently using the StellarMate iOS app to control things.  Yesterday I was having success during the day controlling the mount as a test.  Today, I added a DSLR camera.  From the iPad I can connect to the StellarMate.  I can start my "home" Equipment Profile and everything seems to connect.  However, if I tap the Ekos tab, I get the message "Please wait while syncing...".  Sometimes the app will crash immediately after that and sometimes the "Please wait" message displays forever (well, at lease 10 minutes before I give up).

Things do work if I select the Simulator profile.

I have tried powering everything off and restarting but that does not help.  I have recreated the Home profiles, but it still crashes when tapping the Ekos tab.

Any thoughts as to what is going on?
2 years 1 week ago #81453

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Bill,

The crash issue is a known issue and we are about to release SM OS v2.5.0 to fix this (it's already fixed in iOS TestFlight as well). It should be submitted today to the Apple/iOS stores.
2 years 1 week ago #81474

Jasem,

Glad to hear the crash is fixed, but that still doesn't explain the cases when it is stuck "syncing". What is being synced and what prevents it from completing?

I neglected to mention that this was done with ASIAir hardware with a StellarMate SD card. Maybe that is the cause of the problem. I just received a generic Raspberry Pi 4 yesterday and will be trying that in a bit after assembly.
2 years 1 week ago #81483

OK, I've retried with a generic RPi4 and I seem to have the same issue with stuck syncing. I have my profile set up to use a Losmandy Gemini and SkySafari. With the camera set as Simulator it works. If I specify a Canon DSLR I get the endless "Please wait while syncing...". Even if I switch back to the Simulator camera, I get the syncing problem until I restart the StellarMate app.

I am able to use this combination from macOS running KStars. It is only with the app that I see this problem.
2 years 1 week ago #81485

Syncing usually means it lost communication with KStars. Was KStars up and running when this happened? was it still connected to Ekoslive server (in Main Ekos screen --> the cloud icon be green)?
2 years 1 week ago #81492

Yes, KStars is running on the StellaMate device. Ekos Live is also connected.

In the cases where the app doesn’t crash when tapping the Ekos button, I just get a white screen. I will wait for the new version to experiment further.

Also, I can connect to the remote server from my Mac and control things. It is just the iOS app that is giving troubles.
2 years 1 week ago #81511

• Thank you received: 0
The same thing happened to me tonight. in the end the lost night. after adjusting the settings, focus the guidance camera. when doing the polar alignment, at the beginning of the process the message appears. I have restarted the Raspberry I have entered the Raspberry with VNC and I think the problem is as if an Ekos session was loaded because when I re-enter it tells me if I want to close it that there is already a session and by default after a few seconds it closes it. From that moment I couldn't do anything. on interplay align “please wait, synchronizing”. I have updated both the Android and iOS app to the latest version and my Raspberry has been updated in the past week. I need a solution. Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish and it's translated with a translator. Thanks.
1 year 9 months ago #83525

the current version fails. when will there be a solution for this?
1 year 9 months ago #83635

• Thank you received: 1
Antonio: I too had a perpetual sync error when I was doing Polar Alignment. In my case it could have got confused due to a Meridian Flip message while doing the Polar Alignment. Prior to this I got the perpetual sync message just when bringing up Ekos. If you happen to try this again I will also and we can compare notes. I may at some point reach out to Jasem to see whether he can find the glitch.

As Bill has noted, I don't have this same error with the Stellarmate over VNC on my MacBook; it's just the mobile version with the issue.
1 year 9 months ago #83883

In my case it was not due to the meridian, it also failed me from the first day after the updates, last year it did not fail without a problem. It has also happened to me in the "Plate Solve", however, it did not fail me when doing "plate Solve" from the "Targets" tab. As you rightly say, if I use Ekos through VNC everything works perfectly, which makes me think that it is not from Ekos, but from the APP. All the best. We will keep testing. I'm sorry I can't send the logs, they were deactivated, as soon as I have something I'll send it
1 year 9 months ago #83886

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds