INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moving from Astroberry to Stellarmate

• Thank you received: 13
Can I purchase software only, flash a new SD card and use Stellarmate on my existing PI 3?
Currently I have Ekos installed on my Windows Desktop running remotely and connect to Indi devices on my raspberry pi in the observatory across my local LAN. I find this works well and gives a smoother and more responsive GUI interface to the alternative method of using the web browser connected to the astroberry Web based server. Question is can I use Stellarmate remotely in the same way ?
1 year 7 months ago #84967

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Yes,

You can purchase and download the Stellarmate OS. I did that and have it running on a Pi3.

Regards,

Michael.
1 year 7 months ago #84979

• Thank you received: 13
Thanks for confirming Stellarmate can be installed on my PI3. The other question I have is can I run Ekos on my desktop remotely using a profile which connects to devices on the PI and use stellarmate functionality like Live stacking? I ask this because currently Ekos installed on my Windows 10 PC doesn't have all the Stellarmate functions.
1 year 7 months ago #84998

• Thank you received: 12
No, all those things are built into the app as far as I can tell; you'd need a tablet to make them work. Now, you could run sharpcap on your win10 computer and have Ekos save the files to your win10 computer (assuming your networking is good) and sharpcap could do the live stacking for you.
1 year 7 months ago #85207

• Thank you received: 6
Live stacking is implemented on the Android or IOS. You can certainly run EKOS/KStars client on a remote desktop (I do this all the time) but these clients don't at present have live stacking. However, you can use stacking software on your desktop and connect to the Stellarmate RPi over the network and stack via watched folder. I plan on doing this with Sharpcap but haven't done more than play around with it on previously shot images.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Gord Tulloch.
1 year 6 months ago #86428

Time to create page: 0.877 seconds