INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to re-use PHD2 calibration after meridian flip?

• Thank you received: 19
Hi all,
I just finished a session with meridian flip. Some times ago I managed it to re-use the calibration of PHD2 after meridian flip, but this time PHD2 calibrated new after flip, which lost me half an hour of imaging...

Can someone tell me, which adjustments to check in the settings that I can re-use calibration data? Thank you.

P.S.: I'm using an EQ8-R and Stellarmate 1.7.2 with all the leatest updates.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by JuergenN.
1 year 7 months ago #85001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 94
Hi
Assuming you're using indi-eqmod, the mount already knows what to do after the flip. To reset the behaviour:
Leave the EKOS guiding options at default, then in PHD2:
Brain - Guiding - Auto restore calibration
and
Tools - Calculate meridian flip
HTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 year 7 months ago #85011

Hi, thank you for the reply.

Thats exactly my problem: auto restore calibration IS marked
and in Kstars - Guiding - Calibration also "store and reuse guide calibration when possible"

The problem is, that the calibration is done nevertheless! It costs time and somtimes it dont work after MF. last night I lost nearly an hour due to that fact. At least in older versions of Kstars it worked...

Is there another setting that has to be checked or unchecked? The settings are somtimes a little bit confusing, because one has to look through the whole setting jungle...
1 year 7 months ago #85017

• Thank you received: 94
OK,
So your question perhaps needs to be more 'How to set kstars/EKOS check boxes to their default values.'.
Cheers
1 year 7 months ago #85028

Thank you...

The default settings leading to calibration after MF...
1 year 7 months ago #85033

Think it was my mistake, it seems I was too tired... So guiding resumes directly after meridian flip, BUT the next image was taken 40 minutes later. The rms of the guiding was not the best that night, but directly after MF it was les than 1", after that a short spike to 1.7", and 10 minutes after MF stable below 1". So I don't understand, why the next exposure starts so late, 40 minutes after MF?

I have to check the settings. Maybe someone can tell me were to look first? The times for settling and so on are well below 40 minutes...
1 year 7 months ago #85078

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds