INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Features planned for live stacking?

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I am interested to know if there are any features planned for live stacking. For example: adding more controls in the Stellarmate app, adding live stacking to Ekos (desktop) etc.

I love that the app can do live stacking, there's really no other product on the market that does that and isn't proprietary to one company. But there are very few controls for it. The generated output sometimes looks good, and other times too bright or smudged. I use both the app and Sharpcap, and it is possible to create much better results in Sharpcap by using only 1-2 controls (such as being able to adjust the black, mid and white points on the histogram).
1 year 7 months ago #86450

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Amit, thank you for your feedback. Can you share some problematic stacks if you have any? and some source images? This way we can check we might have led to the bad results. You can upload the image (raw + stacked) to dropbox..etc and we can take a look.
1 year 7 months ago #86476

I have a final stacked image from the app, but haven't had the time to download the actual images from the Pi that generated that image. I will do that as soon as possible.

Nevertheless, are there any future plans for live stacking?
1 year 7 months ago #86480

Does the stellarmate OS store the actual raw images on the pi, when it is livestacking? I cannot seem to find the raw files: the images it saved are jpgs, and they seem to be progressive results of the live stacking and not the captures.

I'm looking in the Pictures folder.
1 year 7 months ago #86485

Here is a link to the shared folder: drive.google.com/drive/folders/196y9WLnY...5LQ8Nv2p?usp=sharing

The files are downloaded from the Raspberry PI, and saved as raw.zip. They are jpgs for some reason. I have also included the result from the stellarmate app, and using the same files in Sharpcap. In Sharpcap the only settings I changed were auto color balance, and moving the black point and midpoint in the histogram.

As you can see, with sharpcap the spiral arms are much more visible, and the image has more contrast.

The images are without darks and flats (which is why you see the dust motes).
1 year 7 months ago #86486

• Thank you received: 25
IIRC you need to start a sequence in the capture module before starting live stacking if you want to keep the raw subs.
1 year 7 months ago #86488

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds