OK, I'm fairly new to this so I will have made some huge NOOB mistakes, but here's my problem.
I have an LXD75 that now has an astro-gadget astro-gadget.net/gadgets/control-of-telescopes/eqstareq5EQstar EQ5
set to drive it. On top ride my Pentax k-5 and an Orion Starshoot guidescope and guidecam. I can connect to the RPi using an ethernet cable and a laptop and then I'm also able to control the mount, but I can't get the camera to work.
When using the Andoid app, I experience numerous connection problems, with the app telling me that it is already running, whilst the app indicates that it is not. Anyway, after a few attempts I'm able to get it started. When using the PAA, an image is captured and solved successfully, but the mount doesn't move at all when the app says that the mount should be slewing to take another image. Still, I do get a PA solution (mostly not that far off since I'm using the internal polar scope to do a pretty decent alignment). This ties in with a more general inability to control the mount from the app. I've selected the EQMOD driver and the mount (rather the grey control box that then connects to the motors) is connected to the RPi by means of a USB cable. The guidecam is connected to the grey control box of the mount by means of the ST4 cable and it is also connected to the RPi by means of a USB cable. My main camera, the Pentax K-5, also has a USB cable connection to the RPi, and I'm fairly sure it is connected (though the app never gets me far enough to verify this).
I'd prefer to use the app, but if the laptop is better, I'll just use that, but I would really like to get this working, so any and all tips are most welcome!
Apologies for taking so long to reply, but I've been unable to come to the computer. GOTOs didn't work nor did the PAA. The app takes an image, solves it and then states that the mount it slewing to take the second image, but there is no slew whatsoever. Same for the third image.
OK, I got the guidecam to work last night to the extent that the software would recognize the stars and try to guide. However, I'm now experiencing problems with plate solving and mount control. EQMOD is erratic at best, shutting down and restarting randomly at about 30 second intervals and the internal plate solver doesn't solve, even when the recommended files are installed. I tried to get it to create some log files, but I'm unsure whether that worked at all. I guess that the problems with QOMOD explain why the mount doesn't move but the fact that it doesn't solve is also quite puzzling. If I can find and access the log file I'll share them over here.
Yup, it's shutting down completely. I'm on 1.7.3 64 bit. I tried it again yesterday and it wouldn't connect to EQMOD at all. It kept giving the following message '[ERROR] failed to connect to port (/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_CP2102_USB_to_UART_Bridge_Controller_0001-if00-PortO)Erro:Port failure error: Input/ouput error. Check if device is connected to this port'. Disconnecting and connecting cables didn't make a difference, so I'm unsure what's happening here.
Last edit: 1 month 6 days ago by Hans. Reason: checked info