INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Probably an evergreen, but why can't I select more index files to download?

• Thank you received: 20
Hey all,

Pardon if this question has been asked too many times, but searches did not turn up anything on point. I recently started working at a much finer image scale and am pretty sure I need the lower-level astrometry index files. Is there any way to do this from KStars or Ekos without having the equipment connected? There's basically no internet at the observatory. Normally I'd just run the simulators and check off whatever files I needed regardless of whether the program thought they were "Required" or "Recommended" or whatever, but the cam sim is dead on this laptop for some unknown reason.

When I did manage to get things connected with Internet available, all the choices besides the index files which I already had on disk were grayed out. I did not see any affordance to change that. I'm running 1.7.2.

Of course, there's always doing it via data.astrometry.net, but the 4200 series has 47 files. Oh well, Ruby to the rescue, I guess. :-)
1 year 4 months ago #87748

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Hi, you can also download the files manually - indilib.org/about/ekos/alignment-module.html.

Gray items - change the path Index Files Location to /home/..../.local/share/astrometry

Check out this thread.
stargazerslounge.com/topic/357383-index-...peccd-field-of-view/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick Wayne
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Tomas Kalisch.
1 year 4 months ago #87749

• Thank you received: 20
Thanks. I'm downloading the files over my university Ethernet, then will copy to the Pi in the future. Man. A 12.8' FOV needs a LOT of files! Well, I'm a silly person who hangs an ASI183 on the end of an AT12RC, after all.
1 year 4 months ago #87750

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds