INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pixel pitch for Fuji X-T4

• Thank you received: 0
I’m a beginner so please keep that in mind. I finally got everything I thought I would need to start enjoying Astrophotography. I picked up an Ioptron gem28, Sharpstar 61 edph ii, and a raspberry pie 4 and case running StellarMate. I intended to start this endeavor by using my Fuji XT4 camera and thought I had everything ready to go for what was finally a clear night tonight, but ran into an issue. StellarMate, or perhaps it’s INDI, is asking for some specs for my camera sensor that I simply cannot find anywhere. I have the sensor size and resolution, but it asks for pixel pitch and is asking for two values. Everywhere I look online shows a single value for pixel pitch, and of course they differ a bit. One shows 3.77um and another 3.74um. The sensor resolution is 6240x4160. Can anyone help explain what these two values are or where I can find them? I’m really confused on why this term is listed as 2 values here but when looking online I see a single value given. I’m having a really hard time finding any specific information on it, or at least some that I’ve been able to understand.
1 year 5 months ago #87848

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
I'm sure you'll be fine by enter either of those values to both fields, or split the difference and use 3.75um.
I believe (though have never used it myself) that the value to type in is in um, so just enter 3.75 to both boxes.

What it is asking for is the size of the individual pixels in microns. Generally they're square pixels.
Note that as your resolution is 6240x4160, multiplying by 3.75um (micro-meters) gets you 23.4mm x 15.6mm.
A web search shows that the Fuji XT4 sensor is 23.8mm x 15.6mm.

Hy
1 year 5 months ago #87849

Was this done via SM App or just Ekos? SM App would try to automatically fill these values. In Ekos, it lists Digital Camera Database as the source for such information. 3.74 is the correct pixel pitch.
1 year 5 months ago #87850

Thank you both so much for the help. I’ll try using 3.75um in both tomorrow.

Jasem, I started with the SM app on my iPad but it kept freezing in one section and would not let me continue, I closed the app and went as far as rebooting my iPad Pro but once I opened SM again and reconnected, it was in the same frozen spot. At that point, I went into Ekos on my MacBook and that is where I was able to see the error for imaging and went into INDI control panel and found where it wanted the pixel pitch. I’ve had a lot of trouble getting SM app to work on my iPad, between initial connection and then this freeze issue. I don’t have the same issues on my iPhone but unfortunately I’m old enough now that I really can’t see the info well enough on the smaller phone screen. I’m not sure if anyone else has had issues with the app on iPad Pro with m1 chip or if its just because of my error in camera setting that is causing this issue.

Even if I don’t get to image tomorrow night, hopefully I can at least get everything configured and working during the day so I can use it going forward. I’ll update here once I get some sleep and try again during the day.
1 year 5 months ago #87853

Can you please try this version from TestFlight? testflight.apple.com/join/yPEDodh6

Also, make sure to update SM OS to the latest updates.
1 year 5 months ago #87854

I updated Stellarmate on the pi4 as well as downloaded the test flight version of the SM app. I still end up with the app frozen in the imaging train screen. I can't get out of that screen on my iPad Pro. I set the pixel pitch in INDO and while I can get a test image from my ioptron guider camera, the fuji still comes back with an error "failed to capture". I'm really not sure what the issue is with the fuji. I'm using the usb 3 cable that came with it to connect to the top usb3 port on the raspberry pi4. It sees the camera but cannot capture or save an image for some reason. I have the camera set to auto iso, bulb mode, and the usb connection to tethered auto (as I've read on posts here for fuji cameras).

Thanks again for any ideas. I'll attach the error from INDI in case that helps. I'm starting to wonder if I should just sell a lesser used lens or two and get a color ZWO camera. If that would be a less frustrating plan here, does anyone have a model recommendation? I don't think I "need" a cooled camera, but if one isn't too expensive, I might go that route. I'm using a Sharpstar 61 EDPHii refractor. With the reducer, I believe its 275mm focal length.

1 year 5 months ago #87893
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.864 seconds